Low star member needs help!!!

I only have 1 point. It seems that nobody buys my products. How can I do? Please help...

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Low star member needs help!!!

Here's a tip, buyers are VERY easily turned off if they sense they are being ripped off through postage costs, so keep it free postage as often as you can, you'll get more bids that will make up for the postage cost, and then some! Most buyers know how much postage actually costs (it's shown on the envelope!), so if you're charging more than the standard cost, even .50c, it could cost you A LOT in bids. Buyers hate it when sellers try to profit through postage, and even if you aren't trying to do that, it will come across that way, so be flexible, don't risk a decent sale in an effort to save less than a buck on postage. (Feedback system actually allows buyers to record that the seller charged more than what the postage actually costs, so even after the sale, it can come back to bite you in poor feedback scores) Its just not worth it, so 'free post' when you can, and if you can't, go as cheap as you can.
Good luck raising your feedback score! Go with the other advice and buy a lot, for a little & make the most of your search filters when doing it (jewellery, worldwide, free postage, ending soonest and a max of $5....these search filters will get the job done super fast!)
See ya!
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Buy some cheap stuff e.g. second hand clothers - there's some great bargains out there, particularly at this time of year - to get your feedback up. 

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

As others have pointed out, the postage price you enter is what you can charge..it is not an approx figure. Also as mentioned the wallets are too big to be sent as large letters.

This needs amending. Not up to the buyer to work out postage costs.

"Willing to post within Australia only, postage fee of $8.25 appx, but postage on actual via Australia Post"

Concerns me you list wallets as being designer in the title, when they aren't.

Is there a label inside the wallet that states the wallet is genuine cow leather? If so and if possible take a photo of that for the listing.
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

What you have to remember is that currently on Ebay there are over 48000 leather purses listed - over 5000 in Australia. People have so much choice and can buy similar purses to your stock. How does your product compare - how do your prices compare. With the number of items you have compared to the number available for sale on Ebay you have actually done quite well to sell one. When I started out on Ebay I was selling books - with 600 listed I'd only be selling 6-8 a week. 

Do a market comparison - how does your product compare with other similar items being sold. If you were a buyer would you buy your own stock at that price or look at another buyers product.  Look at your listing descriptions and formatting as well. Currently the text is small, black, no particular formating or template to jazz it up and has a number of spelling and grammatical errors. All these add to the buying experience and properly done they do lead to more sales.

Make some changes - see if they work - keep at it and don't get disheartened. When starting out there is a lot to learn but you'll get there.

Ad astra per alia porci โ€” To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Yes, I will double check with my spellings. I have to admit, I am a pretty bad in written English since I was at school. I have updated some photos to give a picture to my would-be sellers. I will buy some secound-hand goods to build my credits on ebay, and try some free postage.

Have a good day, everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

I think one thing you could do is to try and highlight functional features of the wallets in the titles and main gallery image. I know that in the past, when I have searched on eBay for items like these (bags, wallets, purses etc), I searched more for specific features and sizes over look.

For example, if something contains 8 slots for cards, I think you will improve click-through rates if you can show that in the item images or titles, because people can see up-front that an item will have the features they're looking for, and IMHO on a site where there are thousands of other similar items listed, you have better chance or gaining interest if people know you have what they want rather than if people have to click through to find out if you have what they want. 

You could do collage or composite gallery images to show those sorts of things, I apologise for taking taking the liberty Smiley Embarassed , but I wanted to show an example of what I mean with one of your own products (image done via a site called PicMonkey using the collage feature, which is free, background brightened a little, as well, plus removed yellow lighting tarnish from what I presume from the other components is a silver tone, lightened shadows somewhat - took me about 5 mins, and if I was being a bit more careful I would have made the pic a bit more balanced overall) :

Purse Collage.jpg

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Your wallets are lovely and you have had some good advice here........ just one small thing i don't care for is..

Return will not aceept at any conditions.

I would find this very off putting as a buyer.....    (and it's not grammatical).    For one thing if the item is damaged or not as described you have no

choice but to refund or replace.  . 

If you have to mention returns you could say Returns not accepted for Change of Mind, but personally

I think it best to always try and lure a buyer with pleasant wording and not put such blanket statements in.  If I saw this I would not buy, but that is me. 

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

This is a cut and paste from the item finishing first, the dusty pink beetroot purse.

The bi-colour purses is perfectly made from cowhides. The slim and trendy design is ultimate choice for many casual occasions, or daily use.

It is a genuine piece, not fake or copied. Button flap, well-made card inserts, slots and coin pockets are just needed there. It is like a place for everything, and everything is in the place.

The puller and edge of leather inside are slightly damaged, but it does not effect usage. Slight watermraks spots on upper.

You said your written English isn't that good since you left school, so I'll try and help you out a bit with the above listing. This is how I would reword it.

This bi-colour purse is perfectly made from cowhide leather. The slim and trendy desigh is the ultimate choice for any special occasion, or for every day use.

It is a genuine piece, not a fake or copy. 

The features include 8 slots to store your cards, a zipped coin pocket  and a buttoned flap to keep everything secure and in it's place.

There are some small scuffs on the leather inside and also on the leather attached to the zip. These do not affect the usage of this purse at all. There are also some small waternarks on the (insert the area here).

This is just an example.....the best I can come up with at 1am! Others might have some ideas on how to word it better again.

I would also include close up photos of the areas that you say are damaged, so buyers can see exactly what they issue is. It might save you from buyers not reading the description properly and trying to hit you with item not as described. I have seen too many horror stories in here of buyers being so picky with their purchase. You need to photograph EVERYTHING! Even if you don't post all the photos in your listing, keep them available so you have proof of every square inch.

Good luck! It's always hard starting out. Definitely get onto the Chinese and Thai sellers to buy a few cheap items. Beads or pendants are usually always cheap and are able to be resold. You can get plenty of things for less than $2. Only bid on items that have free postage. There are enough sellers offering free postage that you would be mad to pay for it! Buy a couple of things from a lot of different sellers so each feedback counts towards your number. If you buy 20 things from one seller in the same week, it will only add 1 feedback to your number.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Hi, got your reply. Will remove it for sure!. But, what if buyers want to return the wallets which have damaged slightly, how can I do? I have state clearly that the product is new with defect. Please let me know.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Big Hug:๏ผ‰ใ€€try ti use Picmonkey, see how it goes~~

Talk you later ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply