Managed Payments - Business Entity is a Trust

Just wondering if anyone else has a business entity as a Trust , our Ebay business account was required to register for managed payments however at the start of the registration it says PLEASE NOTE: if your business entity is a trust, partnership, cooperative or association please do not register for managed payments at this time. Instead, you are required to click here ***********to provide additional information about your business. Did this on the 09/03/2021 says thanks for the info thats it. 

Contacted Ebay  a couple of weeks ago as we were getting warnings about registering for managed payments eventually they updated our record to continue registration  however they only list Company, Partnership , or public listed company as options to select  . In the FAQ section to the side is states What entity types aren't supported? Trusts . So recontacted they said not accepting Trust registrations for managed payments at the moment . however they still restricted our listing capabilities and have numerous contacts trying to get the restrictions lifted .  Anyone else have the same issue please ? Note the account this discussion is listed on is not our ebay business account . 

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Managed Payments - Business Entity is a Trust

Yes same problem been with EBAY 14 years gave them my loyalty for all those years as a top rated seller. On 1st of March 2021 they changed ended with paypal went own their own, now to stay as a seller you most give a passport ID or driver's license ID to which did not have. Never have driven a day in my life so I don't have a driver's license, never been out of Australia so never needed a passport so I did not have passport ID.

Here is the best part on drop down on prove of identity on the first part says driver's license ID or passport ID down page where says add photos  if you click on brings you to second page. Now where it asks what photos are being added once again there is a drop down here is the laugh well not on my part as heartbreaking to me, on this drop down says driver's license ID, passport ID, or a government ID, or ID of aged.I sent them a NSW Australian  photo ID photos kept coming back they would not approve. Yet a seller for 14 years had all my information sent them the photo ID all the same information on both they would not take.So now NO more am I aloud to sell on ebay I am being kick of after giving this site 14 years loyalty as a top rated seller with my shop KICKED OF no longer aloud to sell. EBAY IS CORRUPT they don't care about you one bit as a person if it had enough thing to do with effecting there money then would be differrect. HA  ask for help you get none fogged of to one to another total Joke.

Message 41 of 51
Latest reply

Perhaps another site would suit you better

Message 42 of 51
Latest reply

As a footnote, don't forget to cancel and close your store or you will have to keep paying for that on top of all the other problems you have been experiencing over the last couple of months

Message 43 of 51
Latest reply

I know its a pain. The wife is in a similar position to you and was " invited " ( told )  to join managed payments early in the process. Initially her proof of age, id card WAS accepted although the process to completion of setting up managed payments choked and sat in limbo for a couple of months.

Eventually she had to apply for a passport in order to un-choke the system and keep selling. Yes its a pain, but is it worth getting a passport to continue selling ?

Ebay is not the only place a lack of high quality ID can cause issues and its getting harder all of the time to live in modern society without high value personal id. A bit like living without a credit card or a mobile phone.

Message 44 of 51
Latest reply

@scottish

Try registering on another platform like Amazon or Etsy - you won't get very far.

They ALL require identifying information before you can even open an account.

Adyen is the new payment processor in place of Paypal and it is legally required to identify you.

If you have been a seller for so long, at some point you would have had to give Paypal the same info in the past, so I don't see the difference here.

Message 45 of 51
Latest reply

We run an actual business with an ABN pay GST etc have a  shop front - our business financial structure is a family trust that trades as - our actual business name ( common practice for business ) we also sell on ebay as part of our business so its not a just for ebay purposes .  Im sure you would have seen - things like 

*** Family Trust Trading as ****  or **** family trust T/A ****** make sense ?  

Message 46 of 51
Latest reply

we are NOT avoiding tax we pay our fair share - we are an actual registered business ! we are not trying to avoid managed payments actually trying to get it sorted out so we can continue to sell on ebay - we actually provide Every customer a Tax invoice for every sale !

Message 47 of 51
Latest reply

We have a fix at the moment - finally some one ( from the so called back office ) said "" OHH  we are not registering business with Trusts at the moment - and have excluded us for the time being and have reinstated our ability to create and edit listings .  thanks 

Message 48 of 51
Latest reply

We have been facing same problem. As the company structure has changed eBay rep says we need to opt you out of managed payments. So I asked how would I get back the payments? They still have no answer and now they are applying restrictions over my account and no body can purchase from our listings at the moment. Very frustrating!!

Message 49 of 51
Latest reply

Are you in Australia? please contact me

Thank you

Message 50 of 51
Latest reply