My Over-dependency on Free Listings

I'm not a "store owner" but thanks to regular "free listings" and the ability to "re-list up to 3 times" by the end of August my "items for sale" were in access of 250 listings and sales were better than ever. 

At the beginning of September I had an issue with PayPal which left me with no choice but to "end" all my listings. Naturally of course the PayPal issue was fixed the very next day. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I had to start again from scratch with my September allotment of 40 free listings. Now I find myself checking the boards on a daily basis chasing those FREE LISTINGS just to get things back to my new normal. 

Unfortunately I've become a "free listing junkie" waiting for the next hit. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: My Over-dependency on Free Listings

wrhvma
Community Member

I noticed that I did not get the "relist up to 3 times" the last few days. I phoned ebay and was told that I was selling too much and did not qualify for this feature any more. When I told them that my listings were not excessive compared to previous ones over the years there was not a good answer, very disappointed that at least there was not a message informing me of a change or enforcement in policy.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

Sometimes when there are extra free listings and the site is busier than usual, as at the moment, the auto relists will disappear temporarily.  They usually come back if you edit your listings a bit later.  I'm not saying yours will for sure, but they often disappear and then reappear.

If you sell a certain amount in a year they then consider you to be a business seller and you no longer get the auto relists.  The cut-off figure is believed to be $12,000 but this is based on old information that's no longer available.  The reps will tell you if you sell more than 100 items a year you no longer get AR but this just isn't true.  They don't seem to have a clue and will just tell you anything!  It used to be that you had to sell 100 items AND sell $12,000 a year.  It's not one or the other, but both.  A lot of people don't seem to get the auto relists when they should, but ebay isn't always consistent and it's hard to argue for things when nothing is written in black & white!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

We better get busy    Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

.... and that ended up being the last time I got any free listings. Haven't had any since Septemenber 2016. D'oh!

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Neither have many of us. But their loss ( Ebay) no FVFs for them with products sitting in unsold.
Message 24 of 24
Latest reply