NEW EBAY RETURN POLICY SUITS SCAMMERS

Well we really have to now hope that when items are sold on eBay that the buyer is a honest person , with the new return label pre-paid return label request to sellers from buyers.

is which is forced on the seller to provide , this allows the buyer to manipulate whatever they want.

Receive item wear it use it whatever for  30 days then place a claim in as not as described , demand a full refund and return label

What other business worldwide would get away with it, I have had a number since Christmas this is another

I sell customer a 3pc tap set,  2 weeks later places a claim that there was only 2 Taps in case, no message back to me when they arrived or that can you supply replacement for Tap not received , just a demand I must supply return pre-paid label so he can get a full refund, as there is no fault in item only on his word that one was missing the normal practice would to except a replacement

But No big brother has wheeled there stick this is how we want this to happen

could you imagine someone buying a new car use is for a few weeks , then return it and expect a full refund , including delivery fee

or buying a new dress use it for the weekend , then getting a full refund including the cost to return it.

Maybe to save the transfer of money eBay should charge us a selling fee a pay pal fee a commission fee a shop fee and Postage fee

Demand us to send product to prospective buyer, if after 30 days he or she has not complained then send sales funds to the seller

Imagine what eBay could gain in the short term money market  $$$$$$$$$$$

whoever writes these ever increasing new EBAY rules can only be very naive , or down right stupid.

DON’T BITE OFF THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: NEW EBAY RETURN POLICY SUITS SCAMMERS

eBay I'm furious. I'm a power seller and I've never EVER had any negative feedback in 10 years. Suddenly buyers are requesting to return items more than a week after they are received. The items returned smell worn, are crinkled and not in the same condition they left. Where are the seller's rights? If I refuse to refund once item arrives my paypal is suspended? What a disgrace! eBay I'm out ... Would rather give my clothes away to charity than run through this new process which is an absolute circus.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

eBay makes a ducking fortune on the money that they hold or PayPal holds but eBay gets the portion of the interest made on the sellers money via banks and all that but they would never say so. Unlike Ali express where most buyers are spending large amounts of cash for bulk lots where eBay wants to hold money not need to eh 2c
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

What has ali express to do with it? And why would anybody in Australia gift cash to a seller in China they do not know?

eBay and Paypal are separate companies.

eBay, in fact, extend credit to all sellers by billing monthly in arrears (including postage if using eBay labels), so what money are they holding?

if you're going to drag uip old threads you could at least provide facts rather than prejudices and supposition.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I'd like to comment on this from a buyer's perspective.
Twice now I have had to return items that were DOA where the seller has claimed that they can not provide a return postage label. I have posted back at my own expense. EBay informs me that the seller is responsible for reembursing return postage, but there is no advice as to how to claim this. Once the item is delivered to the seller, eBay returns the item's original price, closes the case and that is the end of the story. Where is my return postage fee? The seller isn't interested in the least.

I think this policy needs review on both sides of the coin.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Are you talking about returning items to overseas sellers?

If that is the case then of course they cannot provide return postage labels as they do not use Australia Post.

If it is being returned to an Australian seller then you should have opened a dispute before returning the item and you could have reported that the item was returned at your expense.  When the seller received the item you would have been refunded the original transaction amount plus the return postage.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

It's funny how China a communist country have a system where it is fair to both seller and buyers but on eBay, it's a dog eat dog world here.

My wife sells on the Chinese version of eBay(aka taobao) and there seems to be extremely less hassles compared to eBay. Opening disputes always favour buyers and it is extremely hard to make good money with hard work alone where as on taobao it is a lot easier dispitr the huge competition.

It's quite clear eBay will favour big companies and feature them on the front page. Here the rich will get richer and the poor gets poorer. Over there you work hard (or cheat) and you will be rewarded.

We need to work hard and be smart to just get average earnings lol.
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

they ebay system is ridiculous and makes it all too easy for people to use it as a free product rental service,, got an event coming up? buy a gown or suit off ebay, use it for your formal then return it absolutely free of charge, need some tools for a reno? hire from ebay free of charge, read a book then return it, If i was a real scumbag I could easily use ebays completely anonymous guest buyer account to live for free buying and returning items within 180 days and getting my money back. new laptop & phone every 6 months, new designer clothing in season all using ebays fraud facilitation service and it wont cost me a cent and I wouldnt get caught because of the gues account and different sellers no-one would ever detect it was a serial scammer.

Fortunately for the world I;m not like that but there are plenty of people who are and the easier ebay makes it the more people will do it

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

The 180 days return is paypal not Ebays policy 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply