NEW EBAY RETURN POLICY SUITS SCAMMERS

Well we really have to now hope that when items are sold on eBay that the buyer is a honest person , with the new return label pre-paid return label request to sellers from buyers.

is which is forced on the seller to provide , this allows the buyer to manipulate whatever they want.

Receive item wear it use it whatever for  30 days then place a claim in as not as described , demand a full refund and return label

What other business worldwide would get away with it, I have had a number since Christmas this is another

I sell customer a 3pc tap set,  2 weeks later places a claim that there was only 2 Taps in case, no message back to me when they arrived or that can you supply replacement for Tap not received , just a demand I must supply return pre-paid label so he can get a full refund, as there is no fault in item only on his word that one was missing the normal practice would to except a replacement

But No big brother has wheeled there stick this is how we want this to happen

could you imagine someone buying a new car use is for a few weeks , then return it and expect a full refund , including delivery fee

or buying a new dress use it for the weekend , then getting a full refund including the cost to return it.

Maybe to save the transfer of money eBay should charge us a selling fee a pay pal fee a commission fee a shop fee and Postage fee

Demand us to send product to prospective buyer, if after 30 days he or she has not complained then send sales funds to the seller

Imagine what eBay could gain in the short term money market  $$$$$$$$$$$

whoever writes these ever increasing new EBAY rules can only be very naive , or down right stupid.

DON’T BITE OFF THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@3415len wrote:

DON’T BITE OFF THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

Too late, that hand is well and truly severed

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Demand us to send product to prospective buyer, if after 30 days he or she has not complained then send sales funds to the seller

Imagine what eBay could gain in the short term money market  $$$$$$$$$$$

That is exactly how it works if you buy items from Ali Express

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Feeling the burn of this policy already.

International buyer purchases an item, received correct item, but claims the item is a different tinted colour.

Received an email from eBay saying send them a prepaid return and refund their full payment. If no prepaid return, they will automatically refund the buyer's full payment. Eugh. Bunch of bull **bleep**ters.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I just had a similar issue with an electronic tablet I sold alst week,in excellent used condition

Buyer claimed it arrived with screen completely  broken and it didn't happen in transit (otherwise it wouldn't be covered under the buyer protection program).

Item not being " as described", Ebay immediatley ruled in favour of a full refund to him,without even giving me a chance to plead my case.

I asked for a photos of the packaging to see if it appeared damaged,as I could try a  claim with the post office,but he wont provide it .

(So sending registered is obviously pointless).

The bottom line is that now I have to refund in full,including postage and cope with a broken item.

Although I havent got mine back yet,I believe buyer swapped his broken one with mine,trying to get a full refund so he got a new tablet for free.

You are right,it is ironic to see that the one penalised are the people who keep them in business.

No wonder Ebay are loosing market share due to poor sales at the moment.

Ebay are a " try before you buy" website...

At least now I know what to do next time I buy an item and I have a change of heart.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@hobby-fans wrote:

I just had a similar issue with an electronic tablet I sold alst week,in excellent used condition

Buyer claimed it arrived with screen completely  broken and it didn't happen in transit (otherwise it wouldn't be covered under the buyer protection program).

Item not being " as described", Ebay immediatley ruled in favour of a full refund to him,without even giving me a chance to plead my case.

I asked for a photos of the packaging to see if it appeared damaged,as I could try a  claim with the post office,but he wont provide it .

(So sending registered is obviously pointless).

The bottom line is that now I have to refund in full,including postage and cope with a broken item.

Although I havent got mine back yet,I believe buyer swapped his broken one with mine,trying to get a full refund so he got a new tablet for free.

You are right,it is ironic to see that the one penalised are the people who keep them in business.

No wonder Ebay are loosing market share due to poor sales at the moment.

Ebay are a " try before you buy" website...

At least now I know what to do next time I buy an item and I have a change of heart.

Surely you have the serial number of the one you sent,good.gif

Then if you get a different one back that doesn't match that number it will be regarded as fraud and you can

report them to Acorn,(the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network):

http://www.acorn.gov.au/

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Do you have the IMEI number of the one you sent out.
See if you can have it disabled from all Australia networks via this number. That means that the tablet won't be able to connect to any network making it pretty useless.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

That is positively horrendous reading.

So worrying though that the only way some of those sellers got any recompense was by going to the media.

I feel for the bike seller. How can ebay side with the buyer when brakes had actually been removed and cables rerouted.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Honestly, what is going on???

Am I missing something or WHY oh WHY are regulatory bodies put in place to protect people (buyers and sellers) in the marketplace, ignoring these practices and allowing ebay and dishonest traders (predominantly buyers in this context) to continue to scam people ?

Its been going on for a long while now, and yet no action to prevent these things happening.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply