NEW FORMAT BUYING / SELLING

What an absolute disgrace by e bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have turned an easy-to-use,

user friendly way to buy & sell into the biggest REMOVED in the history of computers.

This is going to cost E bay a lot of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: NEW FORMAT BUYING / SELLING

Honestly, it has been around that long that I can not even remember when it commenced, must getting on to a couple of years, but  apparently now there is no longer a classic view to use.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:

The 85% are the eBay CEOs and shareholders; the other 15% are the long-term eBay employees who have trouble finding the 'on' button on the front of their computer but have billions of dollars to throw around to keep the site afloat.

Probably

eBay explains that the new system re MP will not be functionally compatible with the Classic view, so they are rolling it out to all sellers now in the hope they can get used to it before it ends totally - end of this month I think is what they said.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I can still get classic view on 1 ID. So, so much better and Much more time efficient.I expect it will be gone on the next couple of days though.  😠

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

I am not a seller, but if a seller is on MP have they been able to use/connect with Classic or only Seller Hub ?

Just wondering, because if a seller already on MP has still had access to and use of Classic, doesn't that sort of throw eBays 'can't be used for MP' out of the water ?

Just a question, not for or against any of this as I have no experience of it at all

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

I am not a seller, but if a seller is on MP have they been able to use/connect with Classic or only Seller Hub ?

Just wondering, because if a seller already on MP has still had access to and use of Classic, doesn't that sort of throw eBays 'can't be used for MP' out of the water ?

Just a question, not for or against any of this as I have no experience of it at all

My store lost the Classic view yesterday. My non-store account which is on MP (but was registered a month after the store account) still has it. As does this one which isn't going onto MP.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Cheers dave, so the 'won't work once switched to MP' that eBay is espousing is wrong, unless more 'updates and enhancements' are on the way.....

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

As with all things eBay, there is probably a lag.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

the 'on' button is there, very big, usually the size of half of the screen. the ebay management must be blind to see such a big 'on' button.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

cc-192
Community Member

seems like many people just follow what they're given like sheep.

I agree with you phil.

This looks to be a mismatch of summarised information and links sprayed across a page that will cause users to go off on a click fest to find what they want.

Over years of honing eBay did have a format whereby on the all selling page sellers could scroll down the single page and find a vast amount of pertinent information, and then from that page find most links to where they needed to be. So effective that someone in management, in trying to justify their position, just had to throw it away.

Surely looks to me like a web design format done by someone who isn't an online seller.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

I went on to ebay uk and ebay usa and there has been no change. Apparently it is only on ebay au for Australia. Very disappointing for buyers of postage stamps and not easy to use as they removed the shop by category option or greatly simplified it. Unbelievable. Regards Ron. 1burgess22 .

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply