Negative feedback left after order refunded and cancelled???

Hi,

So I have had negative feedback left for me after  a buyer purchased a product and admitted she hadn't read the description properely I had refunded her and cancelled the order which she had confirmed the cancellation is that correct that she can still leave negative feedback?  If so that's very pretty poor on Ebay's behalf I feel a bit ripped off

Should I send a message through to Ebay??

Thanks for any help on this matter

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Negative feedback left after order refunded and cancelled???

Request a callback and ask them to remove it ASAP.  The buyer clearly doesn't understand how to use eBay.

Or... request a feedback revision from them through the Feedback Forum, then send them a message to appeal to their common sense.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You have to contact ebay and have the feedback removed manually by them and hopefully you will get a CS that understands what has happened.

And it's not pretty poor on ebays behalf infact it's pretty poor on the buyers behalf.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Or if the first CS doesn't have a clue, keep calling until you get the result you deserve.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have this exact problem ALLthe time.................contact ebay and COMPLAIN!!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

This is one reason why I nearly always open an unpaid item dispute, if a buyer hasn't read the listing properly then they may find they start to read them a little better after they receive a strike.  I find it hard to believe that a buyer only realises it is not what they want after they have won, prior to that they could have cancelled their bid or, within the last 12 hours, asked the seller to cancel it. Do other sellers a favour and hold them accountable for their lackadaisical attitude.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply