New good till cancelled extorition fees?

Well, I just looked at my ebay account and am being charged $212.00 for insertion fees. Am just a casual seller using the 40 free listings and all my stuff was 30 days with the free relist option (9 times). But, it seems they have changed the rules? Things rolled over this month and they made all rollovers good till cancelled without my permission. Is this kosher? No way can I afford to pay two hundred bucks in fees. I hardly ever sell anything here. Maybe 12 things a month if lucky. Will be phoning them this morning of course after 8am. Just killed off any old listings that might roll over within the next few days, even though they are still ticked with a few more free rollovers at 30 days. I don't trust the system. How tragic..this really is the end for me in ebay and I have been saying that for years..I hardly ever come to ebay anymore unless I have sold something. Never received any emails from ebay about this new good till cancelled thing..what the??

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: New good till cancelled extorition fees?

Opening a store is the best way to go.

For under $30.00 a month you can get 600 listings.

Good thing is that if you do this, you get "vacation mode" with a store which is very handy.

Make all listings GTC, with BIN with immediate payment.

Honestly, it was the best thing I ever did as it's pretty much a "set and forget" situation.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

@curraone wrote:

But what you CAN do is manually end your listings before they automatically relist.

and thats why no one's been caught out & charged hundreds of dollars in fees,,,,,,,NOT

It might relieve your frustration at the new changes to make comments like these, but I am only a ebay seller like you and I was trying to show what the options are now.    

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

It might relieve your frustration at the new changes to make comments like these, but I am only a ebay seller like you and I was trying to show what the options are now.    

no you were saying it was/is crystal clear, when in fact many sellers on the board including myself have said they did not get any email from ebay notifying them of the changes. And the t&c of the offer doesn't say anything about there being no option to not auto relist the item, that one has to manually end the item within the 30 days or it will roll over, hence charges will occur.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

The screenshot curra pasted in shows quite clearly when you do a new listing.  If you choose to never check what you're agreeing to then don't blame anyone else.  If your listings were previously 30 days and you bulk relisted, there's a message across the top saying that only GTC is supported for fixed priced listings now and if anyone doesn't understand what GTC means and doesn't bother to check it out, they can hardly blame ebay when their listings roll over and they get charged.

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Well, I just looked at my ebay account and am being charged $212.00 for insertion fees. Am just a casual seller using the 40 free listings and all my stuff was 30 days with the free relist option (9 times). But, it seems they have changed the rules? Things rolled over this month and they made all rollovers good till cancelled without my permission. Is this kosher? No way can I afford to pay two hundred bucks in fees. I hardly ever sell anything here. Maybe 12 things a month if lucky. Will be phoning them this morning of course after 8am. Just killed off any old listings that might roll over within the next few days, even though they are still ticked with a few more free rollovers at 30 days. I don't trust the system. How tragic..this really is the end for me in ebay and I have been saying that for years..I hardly ever come to ebay anymore unless I have sold something. Never received any emails from ebay about this new good till cancelled thing..what the??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You could always list your items as auction with a buy-it-now option. That works really well. You get 8 auto relists and can get up to 90 days. You won't get ebay relisting with a fee either. After 90 days you relist if and when you like.

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You could always list your items as auction with a buy-it-now option. That works really well. You get 8 auto relists and can get up to 90 days. You won't get ebay relisting with a fee either. After 90 days you relist if and when you like.

We've tried that on a couple of accounts.

It's definitely worked on one, with a few bids, but more people using the BIN option, at the same price as they've been listed for several months without selling.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

This further solidifies my perception that ebay does not understand the business of their customers.  A small seller without a store will simply move to etsy which provides options for listing and charges less. 

Ebay wishes to cull out those that do not provide a good revenue stream and have a fixation on competing with Amazon.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

That is dependent on what the small seller is selling. Etsy has a fairly narrow range of allowable products, I believe.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

They have listing fees too, which can work out pretty high if items don't sell quickly. I tried it but sacrificed too much of my profit in fees so I gave up.
Message 29 of 29
Latest reply