New good till cancelled extorition fees?

Well, I just looked at my ebay account and am being charged $212.00 for insertion fees. Am just a casual seller using the 40 free listings and all my stuff was 30 days with the free relist option (9 times). But, it seems they have changed the rules? Things rolled over this month and they made all rollovers good till cancelled without my permission. Is this kosher? No way can I afford to pay two hundred bucks in fees. I hardly ever sell anything here. Maybe 12 things a month if lucky. Will be phoning them this morning of course after 8am. Just killed off any old listings that might roll over within the next few days, even though they are still ticked with a few more free rollovers at 30 days. I don't trust the system. How tragic..this really is the end for me in ebay and I have been saying that for years..I hardly ever come to ebay anymore unless I have sold something. Never received any emails from ebay about this new good till cancelled thing..what the??

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Below is a messeage i received from ebay .The way i see it  if items are GTC then they dont expire so need not be relisted each month so how can i be charged a relist fee..correct me if im wrong

All Fixed-Price Listings Moving to Good
โ€˜Til Cancelled

Weโ€™re moving all fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled. That means short-duration options wonโ€™t be available for new fixed-price listings from 19 February. This is to create a better shopping experience, retain sales history, and secure more of what your buyers love on-site.

Weโ€™ll automatically convert your current short-duration, fixed-price listings to Good โ€˜Til Cancelled, where youโ€™ve scheduled them to relist. You wonโ€™t pay any insertion or renewal fees for these listings, and can choose to end them at any time.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Ok, you are wrong.Smiley Happy

gtc.JPG

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

well this sorta answers my Q on the other thread, time to dob ebay into the ACCC me thinks! It cannot be legal to offer NO final value fees on listings as per the current weekend promotions then charge people a fvf becuase ebay decided to auto relist items for the seller outside of the promotional period, and they have not made that clear enough imho

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

There's also a third option at the moment. End them before they roll over and take advantage of the $1 weekends and the current Free Fee promotion. 

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Actually he's not wrong, as that's exactly what the message said and what a lot of us were told from ebay help.

However, we know that it's wrong because a lot of people have found out the hard way that ebay says one thing, but does another. 

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

well this sorta answers my Q on the other thread, time to dob ebay into the ACCC me thinks! It cannot be legal to offer NO final value fees on listings as per the current weekend promotions then charge people a fvf becuase ebay decided to auto relist items for the seller outside of the promotional period, and they have not made that clear enough imho

If you read the terms & conditions on the current promotion they make it crystal clear that the promotion only applies to new GTC listings until they roll over.  When you list now it's made crystal clear that when listings roll over you'll either be charged a fee or it'll use one of your free listings if you have some left.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

If you read the terms & conditions on the current promotion they make it crystal clear that the promotion only applies to new GTC listings until they roll over.  When you list now it's made crystal clear that when listings roll over you'll either be charged a fee or it'll use one of your free listings if you have some left.

and where does it make it crystal clear that they are going to automatically relist the gtc item for you every 30 days & that you will be charged for it? and where does it say how to opt out of auto relisting the item?

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

and where does it make it crystal clear that they are going to automatically relist the gtc item for you every 30 days & that you will be charged for it? and where does it say how to opt out of auto relisting the item?

gtc 2.JPG

And there is no opt-out option.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

But what you CAN do is manually end your listings before they automatically relist.

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

But what you CAN do is manually end your listings before they automatically relist.

and thats why no one's been caught out & charged hundreds of dollars in fees,,,,,,,NOT

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply