New good till cancelled extorition fees?

Well, I just looked at my ebay account and am being charged $212.00 for insertion fees. Am just a casual seller using the 40 free listings and all my stuff was 30 days with the free relist option (9 times). But, it seems they have changed the rules? Things rolled over this month and they made all rollovers good till cancelled without my permission. Is this kosher? No way can I afford to pay two hundred bucks in fees. I hardly ever sell anything here. Maybe 12 things a month if lucky. Will be phoning them this morning of course after 8am. Just killed off any old listings that might roll over within the next few days, even though they are still ticked with a few more free rollovers at 30 days. I don't trust the system. How tragic..this really is the end for me in ebay and I have been saying that for years..I hardly ever come to ebay anymore unless I have sold something. Never received any emails from ebay about this new good till cancelled thing..what the??

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

and please don't keep starting the same post.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Duplicate Post.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

are you the post police?

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

what are you talking about, duplicate post?

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

It means a new thread for the same issue which is very confusing when others begin to answer.

But the duplicate post post should perhaps have been on the other thread.

Better to keep it all on the same thread.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/and/m-p/2224738

image host
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Dam the world is ending because of duplicate posts.
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Have you called ebay ?... theres allot of conjecture  on this subject wether a relisting fee is charged but in you case looks like its happened

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

The same thing has happened to me. I have $112.99 in fees next month that should have been free. Most of my items sell for $1 but they are charging me $1.65 for the listing!

I also ended my 262 listings, hours of work went into them and I'm really angry about the whole thing.

Now have to spend my time calling them.

I only make a small amount each month, a bit of extra money but now I don't know what to do with all the things I have for sale.

I can't afford these fees.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

As noted in previous post, if you ring ebay they promise to credit you.

Now that the new rules are that BIN items have to be listed as "good till cancelled"  and they automatically roll over after 30 days, charging you an insertion fee if you don't have free listings available.

So there are 2 things you can do:

Limit your selling to 40 items a month.    

Or pay for a store and get 600 free listings a month.     A store is not that expensive, about $26 a month, and you can take advantage of less final value fees.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply