New seller dashboard dont understand how it works !!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: New seller dashboard dont understand how it works !!!!!!!!!

while not ideal but the way around it is to send money to the buyer via paypal (not just hit the refund button)and in the notes section write something like "refund for ebay item number xxxxxxx for the amount of $xxxx" and the date.
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I got mine because the parcel went missing in transit, I refunded the buyer through paypal, I never did a cancellation through ebay or anything but still copped the defect as you say for doing the right thing and refunding the buyer.

I see what EBay are trying to do but sadly they are off the mark atm and seem to be acting like a child who knows they are wrong, knows you know they are wrong but refuses to admit it. Sadly what is currently happening is the changes are going to make the majority of sellers mediocre we will all have high handling times and just follow the rules and do what EBay says is the right way. Sellers want go out of their way to be helpful when they get a slap for doing it. It is EBay's platform so we have no choice but play by their rules hopefully they will use some common sense on this one but I want be holdong my breath waiting for that

When I work out my pricing I allow a certain amount for loses sadly I think EBay have done the same and allowed for loses but in this case sellers are the product  

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

while not ideal but the way around it is to send money to the buyer via paypal (not just hit the refund button)and in the notes section write something like "refund for ebay item number xxxxxxx for the amount of $xxxx" and the date.

Problem with that there is a chance the buyer could still put in for a refund through ebay or paypal and knowing the way things work they may get it.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Yes can see that happening as the case would still be open

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

I got mine because the parcel went missing in transit, I refunded the buyer through paypal, I never did a cancellation through ebay or anything but still copped the defect as you say for doing the right thing and refunding the buyer.

I have one for the exact reason, i spoke to ebay about it and they said.......................................................................... well you can work it out.Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

This is the problem sellers are now spending mor etime tryng to make sure their butts are covered against the system than just doing the right thing by buyers. Result is less pride in what they do and mediocre service to keep TRS while those who spend more time giving top service rather han covering their butt get demoted.. Al equals loss of pride and incentive.

Its a bit like working in the public service really. Its noit what you do just as long as you hav ethe right procedure ticked.

This will get worse as all those sellers who dont come here have yet to hit this brick wall without warning yet.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Yes agree with that we spend more time dodging bullets than providing customer service nowadays, also dissapointed as this thread is to getting serious where is all the light hearted banter all gone !!!!!!

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

Covering our butt with extented handling times now up to 5 days, even though we ship next or even same day and mainly use DHL, for the new postage thingying.

I did exactly that and so far (touch wood), it's worked. Majority of my items are arriving before the first estimate date. The last few arrive smack in the middle of it. All I'm getting is praise from buyers for items arriving well before the estimate. Like you, I still post same or next day (where possible. 2 days very occasionally).

The 5 day handling time has relieved a LOT of stress and now I can go back to giving great service instead of being constantly worried about defects. Having the extended handling time has NOT affected my sales one bit.

I'd imagine there are quite a few "premium" sellers who are extending their handling time due to these new defects. I wonder what eBay will try and throw at sellers to entice them back to "premium" status?

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

mxaus
Community Member

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Just got a good email

'please be informed that as a one time courtesy I have already removed the defect regarding this transaction (transactions you cancelled for being out of stock). Kindly allow the system within 24 to 48 hours to process this.

Moving forward as outlined with the last emails with the previous representatives, please do cancel a transaction within the eBay system under the correct guidelines for you not to incur a defect on your account. This is for your protection as a seller.'

Now this did take me about 2 weeks of constantly replying to the answers they sent basically with 'No that want do' personally I think it was worth the time. I got a neg from an unreasonable buyer and I expect that, now and then, but then getting a defect because I refunded the money is not on. So to the others who got, unfair, defects for refunding I say just say 'NO' it may take a while but seems eventually EBay may do the right thing if nagged enough.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply