No more automatic free listings.

I have just been chatting to an ebay rep about the disappearance of the automatic 8 free listings and was told:

The 8 free listings will disappear if your account reaches Established Seller Acc status,which is 90 days as a seller,$250 worth of sales and 25 successful transactions in the past 12 months.He went on to say this will happen to all non store sellers,you will get the 40 free listings but no auto free relists.Just thought I would let sellers know.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: No more automatic free listings.

Every time someone contacts eBay about the disappearance of the auto relists, they are spun some rubbish which turns out to not be true. You sell too much. You've been selling too long. You've earned too much. The high turn over sellers still get them, regardless of how much they turn over, or how long they've been selling.

It seems to be a random thing with the box disappearing, but more often than not, it eventually reappears. Every now and then it disappears from my accounts. If I want to utilise the auto relist feature, I go into the app and edit the listings in there. The box is always visible in the app, even when it's not on the full site.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

jimmy, if you are mostly getting one bid on items try making your listings BIN for 30 days rather than relisting every 10 days.

Many sellers find it increases sales, as buyers often don't want to wait for an auction to finish and by that time may have changed their mind equating to more non payers.

IMO auctions are mostly good for rare items resulting in a bidding frenzy.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

No BIN for 30 days anymore Kopes. GTC is the only option. Some sellers still prefer auctions so they have control over their listings, rather than remember today, that everything rolled over yesterday and they've not been hit with a truckload of insertion fees because the roll over items went over their limit.

I run auctions with the BIN option. That way, if someone wants to BIN, they can. If a buyer sends a message asking if I will end the auction early, usually I am happy to do so (unless it's a highly sought after item).

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I know, but BIN for 30 days (GTC) is better than 10 days relisted 3 times if you no longer have the free relists.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

The 8 free relists are still there,but a seller needs to choose the auction to go for 7 to 10 days on their listings and as you scroll through it shows a box that you need to tick to get the 8 free relists if your item doesn't sell.

So you basically need to tick that box for it to activate automatically,so you need to go through your listing until you see that option before letting your listings go live.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

The 8 free relists are still there,but a seller needs to choose the auction to go for 7 to 10 days on their listings and as you scroll through it shows a box that you need to tick to get the 8 free relists if your item doesn't sell.

So you basically need to tick that box for it to activate automatically,so you need to go through your listing until you see that option before letting your listings go live.

Not for all sellers.

The relists disappear if an account reaches a certain amount of sales according to eBay.

But can sometimes be brought back if the seller selects revise then the box can re-appear.

image host
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

Not for all sellers.

The relists disappear if an account reaches a certain amount of sales according to eBay.

But can sometimes be brought back if the seller selects revise then the box can re-appear.

According to what OP was told by CS regarding the seller status is why a seller doesn't receive the free relists has to be totally incorrect because I'm way past those figures and still get free relists but hey I must be speeshul Woman Wink

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

It seems to be hit n miss.

Many sellers have lost the free relists over the past 2 years and there doesn't seem to be rhyme nor reason for it.

But we can go with your speeshul. Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

image host
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I was using the Quick Lister before the current promo started. BINs relisted 8 times and nothing off my 40 per month.

BUT, I had to unsubcribe to Selling Manager to access it. And the QL doesn't have the functionality of the proper lister.

That's on a 400 feedback Power seller account that's been going for 7 years.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply