Non Paying Bidder

I have recently had a non paying bidder and when looking at her feedback, she literally has not paid for 100's of items.Why does ebay allow these people to stay on here and keep bidding.
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Non Paying Bidder

@bakeandfry wrote:
colic2bullsgirlore Community Member
6:52 AM

~~~

How do you know that ebay has issued the strikes?
~~~
Unpaid items will automatically be assigned to the buyer's account when the seller receives a final value fee credit.
#########################################################################################

a quote from an earlier post

" I'm currently dealing with someone who obviously has no strikes against her for serial non-payment. Bid at the last minute, so you have no chance to review previous feedback.

I have opened a non-payment dispute with ebay and hope that there will be some way she is 'highlighted' as a serial non-payer or have her buying restricted

....... I cannot believe that I am the only seller who has done that with this bidder/buyer

(but I must say, it's only because I read this community board that I know what to do).

You should read her feedback!!!!!

Her serial non-payment goes back years !!!

Seems like sellers don't know how to 'report' her and certainly haven't opened a non-payment dispute.

I can now block her after having dealt with her, but those who haven't will continue to be stuffed around by this ebay member.

Wish I could put her ID number up here. "

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

So, I cannot believe that posters would be so gullible to believe that they are the only sellers doing the right thing

out of hundreds and hundreds of non sales.

I cannot believe that posters are gullible enough to trust that ebay actually automatically issue strikes.

When experienced sellers who have their blocks in place and set stringently report that a serial non payer have

gotten through those blocks then common sense and statistics points to the only way that a serial non payer could

do it 

..... because the strikes were not issued by ebay in the first place......

If an ebay members feedback contains 100's of positive negatives then I am sure that they would also have at least

50 processed NPB final value fee returns that are silent.

How could anybody with 50 strikes bid on an item where the seller has his blocks set at only 2 strikes or more???

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 51 of 55
Latest reply

When experienced sellers who have their blocks in place and set stringently report that a serial non payer have

gotten through those blocks then common sense and statistics points to the only way that a serial non payer could

do it 

..... because the strikes were not issued by ebay in the first place......

If an ebay members feedback contains 100's of positive negatives then I am sure that they would also have at least

50 processed NPB final value fee returns that are silent.

How could anybody with 50 strikes bid on an item where the seller has his blocks set at only 2 strikes or more???

------------------------------------------------------

What you have said is true, in that, by the law of statistics, it would be highly unlikely that less than two of the previous sellers would have lodged unpaid item disputes, even if only to get their ebay fees back. As you say, we would not even know about some cases because the sellers may have gone straight to dispute and not left any feedback at all.

We don't know exact numbers though, we have to make an assumption and we could be wrong. Unlikely, but there is that possibility.

So it seems this person has slipped through the net. Perhaps there was a glitch in ebay, perhaps the strikes were not issued in the first place, as you claim. Perhaps some of the recent strikes were removed.

But there is something else to consider. Ebay has a section where sellers can elect to block buyers with 2 or more strikes. Why would they have that at all if they did not mean to apply it? We all know ebay does what it likes, if it didn't want that option it could delete it in the blink of an eye.

I have also read anecdotal evidence on here where some sellers have mentioned that they have seen bids being blocked on their account and there was also a buyer on here a short while back, asking why he/she was blocked from bidding on items from a pareticular seller.

So the blocks must sometimes work.

I presume the blocks only apply for a certain time (rather like driving demerit points) but the interesting thing with this buyer is a lot of the activity is recent so we would assume there should be some current strikes. The operative word though is should.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in ebay headquarters and have a little look into their system and see what strikes this person has had and if any strikes have been removed and why.

In my own opinion, the buyer's account should be suspended but we all know ebay is a bit of a law unto itself & decisions can be a bit random.

Message 52 of 55
Latest reply

Ebay have designed the charade "system' as such to instil "false confidence" into sellers that the strike system actually

works.

A little like well designed false flag incidents could also do the same in world politics

There is no benefit at all to ebay by blocking potential buyers from the buying pool, zilch, none, nada.

There is however a benefit in keeping the potential buyers pool as large as they possibly can and leaving the

paperwork as to whether they pay or not down tom the seller.... and the reversal of fees...

Just as the "Here's how we protected your account" ad nauseum BS emails are designed to subliminally advertise that

the great, great awesome pearler defect system is really truly actually of benefit to a seller so is the BS surrounding

great, great, pearler, perfect, bloody awesome secret squirrel  strike system.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 53 of 55
Latest reply

I have a non paying bidder as well they wont make any contact I opened a non paying claim but they still wont contact. What should I do now??

Message 54 of 55
Latest reply

What you should do next is, after four days (to the second) from lodging the unpaid dispute, close it.  Get your fees back and put that buyer on your Blocked Bidder List.  Also make sure your Seller Preferences exclude any buyer who has had 2 strikes issued in the last twelve months from bidding on your items, which might help you with future problem buyers in the future.

Message 55 of 55
Latest reply