Overcharged by Sendle via Ebay

mcwcmc
Community Member

I sent a $9.99 dress weighing 200g and dropped off the tiny satchel at a Sendle collection point costing $5.12

Long behold, the courier remeasured it as 3kg (28.4108L) box with dimensions of 61cm x 11.5cm x 40.5cm and Sendle charged me $18.12 extra.

So the cost of sending the satchel cost me $23.24 which is more than the $9.99 dress itself.

I took pictures of the satchel on a weighing machine because I noticed in quite a few recent parcels I sent, the Sendle courier always try to scam me buy overstating the weight and size of the parcel.

I sent all the evidence to eBay but they are refusing to help and they are on the side of Sendle cost eBay gets to make money out of the extra postage.

Dealing with Sendle is a nightmare as after a while they acknowledge their mistake but still blame me for my inaccurate weight and measurement.

Sendle said they made the refund on the 19 April 2023, but after contesting this, they said they are still trying to work out the process of refunding even though they have been in business with eBay since 2017.

Sendle then said they will refund me the amount at the end of May 2023 but nothing happened.

Now Sendle said they made the refund on the 9 April 2023 which they are lying cos the parcel was delivered on the 11 April 2023 based on their tracking system.

Don't know who to believe anymore and Sendle is trying to avoid paying me the refund and giving me the run around.

Anyone experiencing being overcharged deliberately by Sendle and its couriers with no hope of a refund?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Overcharged by Sendle via Ebay

@mcwcmc wrote:

Cos the label was purchased via eBay

The original label was bought via ebay, yes, $5.12 according to you, and this is where ebays involvement ceased.

You then claim to have paid extra, direct to the courier when lodging the item, nothing to do with ebay.

I note you have failed to answer if the item was a small satchel as claimed by you, or a large box as charged by courier, and why you paid the courier extra, if the item was indeed a small satchel.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I'm still wondering what long behold is, is that what the kids are calling it nowadays ?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Sounds like staring to me. lol

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Once upon a time they heard someone exclaim, " Lo, and behold", but it didn't quite come out right when they tried it???

Must admit I was flummoxed and spent way too long pondering.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I mishear the Mr Kipling “exceedingly good” cakes commercial where the little girl says “GOUT!”

… or, as I decided upon mentally rewinding, “Ge’ out”.

But I digress.

OP, are you certain that you did not send in a box? That seems to me to be the most likely scenario - that you may have paid eBay for a satchel but forgotten… and sent a box.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply