Overcharged by Sendle via Ebay

mcwcmc
Community Member

I sent a $9.99 dress weighing 200g and dropped off the tiny satchel at a Sendle collection point costing $5.12

Long behold, the courier remeasured it as 3kg (28.4108L) box with dimensions of 61cm x 11.5cm x 40.5cm and Sendle charged me $18.12 extra.

So the cost of sending the satchel cost me $23.24 which is more than the $9.99 dress itself.

I took pictures of the satchel on a weighing machine because I noticed in quite a few recent parcels I sent, the Sendle courier always try to scam me buy overstating the weight and size of the parcel.

I sent all the evidence to eBay but they are refusing to help and they are on the side of Sendle cost eBay gets to make money out of the extra postage.

Dealing with Sendle is a nightmare as after a while they acknowledge their mistake but still blame me for my inaccurate weight and measurement.

Sendle said they made the refund on the 19 April 2023, but after contesting this, they said they are still trying to work out the process of refunding even though they have been in business with eBay since 2017.

Sendle then said they will refund me the amount at the end of May 2023 but nothing happened.

Now Sendle said they made the refund on the 9 April 2023 which they are lying cos the parcel was delivered on the 11 April 2023 based on their tracking system.

Don't know who to believe anymore and Sendle is trying to avoid paying me the refund and giving me the run around.

Anyone experiencing being overcharged deliberately by Sendle and its couriers with no hope of a refund?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

If you are aware that there are problems with Sendle, then why on earth are you still using them ?

I and many other buyers will avoid sellers like yourself that use Sendle, so you might be saving a few bucks on postage, but you will be damaging your customer base.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Dont use Sendle.  Look through the forums and see the number of complaints from both sellers & buyers.  I personally wouldn't buy from a seller who did.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Seems to Me that your arguement should be with the courier depot,  ebay does not have anything to do with what you paid at the depot and therefore does not make anything from it.

Now,  was the item indeed a small satchel as you claim, or a rather large box as measured by the courier.

If it was a small satchel, why did you agree to pay the courier extra.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

First not sure why you are discussing with Ebay, sendle is a private company and not owned or controlled by Ebay.

2nd for all those saying don't use sendle because of this problem,   we have also had this issue with Australia Post,  so it is not just a sendle issue.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Cos the label was purchased via eBay

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@mcwcmc wrote:

By that reasoning sellers buying AP labels off eBay should be contacting eBay for any problems with AP's delivery.

Ain't gonna happen.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@mcwcmc wrote:

Ebay gives you choices.

You chose Sendle as the cheapest @ $5.12 

But the buyer was still charged $9.50 which would have paid for a satchel via AP

So, was Sendle really worth the trouble?       Lesson learned I'd say.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Many couriers charge according to the dimensions of the box. If the box actually was 61cm x 11.5cm x 40.5cm then the weight is irrelevant as long as it is less than whatever they consider overweight ( usually either 5 or 25kg). This is why when purchasing postage it is important to put accurate dimensions of the parcel.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply