PayPal fees under managed payment - please clarify from experience if possible

Hello,

After some time conversing with people yesterday I have been told by a few that there will be no PayPal fees under the new eBay managed payment system however my recent sales experiences with items listed after I was registered with managed payments has had the PayPal payments come through just as they always have before - with buyers personal details as the sender of payment and the associated PayPal fee as part of the transfer breakdown. The fee being charged to me from PayPal.

I am being told this is a mistake and I am being told there will be no PayPal fees.

Well, I would like to ask those that are already receiving Paypal fees for sales since being registered for managed payments : Are you still being charged the PayPal fee by payPal as it has always been ?

Have gone over eBay and Paypal fee totals etc so not concerned so much about that , just if that PP fee is still applied.

I am aware of the following info from eBay :

eBay Australia benefits of managed payments :

1. Simpler to sell: Checkout is more flexible, with an easier experience for buyers. Buyers will have access to new ways to pay, including credit, debit and gift cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and After pay.

>

> eBay Stores selling fees for managed payments sellers

right down the bottom of the page :

> Fees for using PayPal

> We don't charge fees for using PayPal on eBay. However, if you accept PayPal payments, PayPal will charge a fee when you complete a sale, and the buyer pays with PayPal.

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, well, didn't say I had all the answers - who does?

Hope it sorts itself out soon.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

@mtshed2014 wrote:

At this stage I'm thinking you may be right.

Doesn't really explain this :

> eBay Stores selling fees for managed payments sellers

right down the bottom of the page :

> Fees for using PayPal

> We don't charge fees for using PayPal on eBay. However, if you accept PayPal payments, PayPal will charge a fee when you complete a sale, and the buyer pays with PayPal.

Because there are currently 2 payment systems for sellers, this is just trying to clarify there are no fees in addition to eBay's fees when on managed payments. However, normal PayPal fees obviously still apply for sellers who aren't on MP and offer PayPal as per the old system.

I suppose a lot of people think they'll pay both eBay's higher FVF and PayPal fees after the switch (which is not supposed to happen).

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

@mtshed2014 wrote:

(Some of this message not quoted as I am not going to refer to the removed part of the post)

Thanks for your time

I had my first sale on MP yesterday.  I am unsure of how the purchase was funded by the buyer.  I didnโ€™t get that information.

The bit of your post that I quoted makes it clear.  โ€œIf you accept PayPal payments, PayPal will charge a fee . . . โ€œ

If a buyer pays by PayPal to a seller on MP and the payment goes to eBay they then transfer it to sellerโ€™s bank account.  No PayPal fees applied to the seller as they did not get the funds through PayPal.

If the payment shows in your PayPal account you pay a fee.

We might all be in a transition period.  It may take months of being on MP for the chinks to be ironed out, and definitive answers to be provided.  I know you said that you have been on MP for some time, and have received some payments through MP, but at this time I think only eBay can satisfactorily answer your questions.

I wish you well in your quest for answers.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Thank you.

I think the shared experiences at this stage are best in deciphering what format is going to be faced.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

My experience from day 1 on managed payments has been consistent with eBay's advice. Since commencing with managed payments I have not had any payments from eBay sales go through paypal so no paypal fees. The buyer may still be paying via paypal (no way to know) but the money comes to my bank account.

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

cheers,
so far I am having 90+% go via managed payments, and then tarfserred into bank account from Ayden/eBay, and then 10% thereabouts directly to PayPal - with those looking just as they did before.

I'm thinking it's coming down to what choices the buyers are getting at time of checkout. Guess I should buy something and see what happens on that side of the fence.

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

"I'm thinking it's coming down to what choices the buyers are getting at time of checkout."

With managed payments all buyers still get the choice of paying with paypal but the payment to you should not be going into your paypal account.  No idea why payment for 10% of your sales are being sent to your paypal account. At the start I had a few go into my paypal account but that was for sales which occurred PRIOR to managed payments but the payment was made AFTER managed payments commenced.  And in these few cases  where I paid the paypal fee I did not get charged the equivalent eBay fee. 

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Interesting...so back to the waiting game to see what happens over time.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Also you buying something is not going to answer your question if this is only happening with you and maybe a few other sellers.

When you get the payment into paypal is it then forwarded or can you access it from PP like we used to?

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

I may have to buy something from myself, and get it refunded due to not liking the colour.

Could buy a pair of socks, one via PayPal and the other via โ€ฆwell...managed payments or whatever option given.

Stands to reason I wouldn't like the colour of either of them.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

I thought of that, but be careful, may be as a guest? List a right sock and a left sock LOL

I am spending way too much time here, good luck

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply