Paypal changes - 19 October

Amongst others -

Change to the User Agreement

We have made one change to the User Agreement. Previously, clause 11.2(c) set out that if you receive funds through PayPal, you must not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.

We have amended clause 11.2(c) in a way that permits you to impose a surcharge or other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method that does not exceed the amount you pay us for that payment as a percentage of your total price.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Paypal changes - 19 October

Paypal is a seperate company now. Ebay no longer need to protect it. My guess is the big boys where not happy paying paypal fees and would prefer buyers use direct credit card payments.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Just saw this after getting an email - interesting change, though I suspect eBay will maintain its policy re: payment surcharges, other businesses may start adding them (or charging them separately, as the case may be). 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

i suspect it is levelling the playing field.

Traders have been able to charge a surcharge on credit cards for a while now.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Appears to be what has been the law in Australia on financial institution fees applied to retailers.

Using eftpos a seller is allowed to on charge the fee, just not more than what the seller has been charged.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Won't make a lick of difference on eBay, people tend to add the fees (including postage costs) to the item price and show "free" postage.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply