Paypal messages not showing send to address

I know this is a paypal problem but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

Paypal messages are not showing 'send to' address. The address is showing in paypal but not the payment advice messages.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Paypal messages not showing send to address

Same problem here.

Need to go into PayPal and into the transaction to get the buyer's address.

image host
Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

I understand what you are saying here however the ebay sold email that arrives in my inbox tells me the location of the buyer *before* they have paid. I may have to send an invoice for an international postage rate, ask about local pickup, combine postage, or any other number of things. It's just very handy to know the state or country of the buyer at that stage of the sale. Plus I print it out and put it with the item so it helps with organisation as well.

I have maybe 1 in 30 sales where the postal address on ebay doesn't match the paypal shipping address and it's usually because the item is being sent as a gift. So then at that stage I can send a quick message to verify if needed or usually just post to Paypal shipping for the reasons you have already mentioned.

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

@cosmintas wrote:

I understand what you are saying here however the ebay sold email that arrives in my inbox tells me the location of the buyer *before* they have paid. I may have to send an invoice for an international postage rate, ask about local pickup, combine postage, or any other number of things. It's just very handy to know the state or country of the buyer at that stage of the sale. Plus I print it out and put it with the item so it helps with organisation as well.

I have maybe 1 in 30 sales where the postal address on ebay doesn't match the paypal shipping address and it's usually because the item is being sent as a gift. So then at that stage I can send a quick message to verify if needed or usually just post to Paypal shipping for the reasons you have already mentioned.

I also used the Sold emails a lot.  Only 1 in 100 (if that) ends up going to a different address than the ebay one so I used to write down whatever was in the ebay email and then change it if the pp email was different.

I liked the old email for the way it showed how many multiples were left.  The new one still shows it but it's nowhere near as obvious.  Anything I have less than two left gets stored separately to everything else and if I can see at a glance from the email that I've sold out then I know exactly where to look for the item.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

So basically we all have our own efficient systems for selling that are tied into the emails we receive from ebay and paypal. They have to go and change it for no good reason but that the programmers need to keep their jobs! Never mind us...
Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

I too look at the sold emails to see where the buyer lives. I always send to the address in checkout, which 99 out of 100 is the same as them ebay address. I like seeing where people live. If it's somewhere I've never heard of I'll sometimes have a look where it is on google maps. Not their actual address, just the town. 

I bought something tonight with the 10% off voucher. The address showed in the notification. It is different to my ebay address. It's an expensive item that I don't want left at the front door to be stolen so it's addressed to Mr Tippy's work. Hopefully the seller sees it's different in checkout!

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

I take back what I said above. The address isn't showing in the PayPal notification. It was in the order confirmation email.

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

Same problem here. If it's not a glitch I hope they revert back to the old notification with address included. I'm having to log into PayPal to print out every label.

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

Yep!! same here , broblem after problem with Ebay

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

I'd just like to GET sold emails on one ID, whether or not they have addresses in them! I have to keep signing in to check for sales in case someone buys and doesn't pay straight away.
Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

i just have one question ebay,  WHY??? why do you have to go & change stuff like this??? do you enjoy making our lives more difficult?? *end rant*

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply