Photos not appearing on new listings

Anyone having trouble today with photos not appearing on the search page on new listings. Nothing wrong with the photos as they have been used before. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Photos not appearing on new listings

@6508.froggy wrote:

Anyone having trouble today with photos not appearing on the search page on new listings. Nothing wrong with the photos as they have been used before. 

Freaky Friday is always a lottery with new listings but the photo issue is long standing and ongoing.

Yours may turn up and I really do stress "may".

If at all possible, keep track of your pics on a local drive as you will undoubtedly need them at a later date.

Even if your images load successfuly there is no guarantee that they will stay up.

Unfortunately, another facet of this problem is that some pics will go on the missing list.

I have about 8% of my listings requiring additional pics as eBay informs me there is only one for each of these listings.

I'm fully aware of eBay's image policy and always upload 2 or more large images so where did the missing ones go?

Who knows, they just went lol.

In other cases, your listings will have all their images but thumbnails won't show in search results.

The only cure for this one is to edit the listing and re-upload the pics.

You'll get used to it as we all have but take my advice; hang onto your pics and know how to find them.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

yeah, that's what i was thinking too... paying members would see them right away, and we have to wait ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@caf2006 wrote:
yeah, that's what i was thinking too... paying members would see them right away, and we have to wait ๐Ÿ˜ž

What do you mean by paying members seeing them straight away? ALL sellers are paying members and none pay to have photos shown (unlike the old days). Davidc's comment was tongue in cheek.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Yep, most of my Monday listing don't have a pic?? no explanation from Ebay

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I can see all of your pics

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Yes they evenutally turn up  - but just annoying that you have to keep checking that they have righted themself. 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@6508.froggy wrote:

Yes they evenutally turn up  - but just annoying that you have to keep checking that they have righted themself. 

Listing pics come and listing pics go but this problem goes on forever!

eBay has had problems with their image server(s) lookups for years but on occasion these become severe and get reported.

I have about 1500 listings and constantly have issues with 5~10% of them.

That would usually be thumbnails not showing in search or only one image remaining from the multiples uploaded.

If I relist a sold item and edit it before listing I will need to re-upload the images in order for the thumbnails to generate.

As I said, this is a problem of very long standing but nothing has ever been done to sort it out.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Ditto here since earlier this week so I uploaded again today and they appeared.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply