Post Office Pick Up

Hi all,

Just wondered what all your experiences have been with buyers timescales in picking carded items up from the LPO? I seold an item around the 6th March, and it was delivered to the LPO after attempted delivery on the 10th. I know this is not a long time, but still its a high price item, and if it was me, I would have picked it up by now? I have had a similar sale prior, and that did get picked up about 6-7 days later.

I guess my question is, how long do Aus Post hold items for, and what action would you take if this item is not picked up say In another week? I did think of sending a message and email to the buyer, but all messages that I send out after a sale were ignored anyway, and also has many sellers are now doing, I am wary of alerting them to the fact that tracking is showing up as awaiting, if in fact they have received the item and I get stung for a INR?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Post Office Pick Up

@sparrow2207 wrote:

I always contact my buyers around day 5 of non collection as I have found that sometimes they don't get carded.  AP issues a "Final Notice" to collect on day 8 which can be too late.  If they then fail to collect and it is returned I would only refund purchase price as you posted item in good faith and it was their decision not to arrange collection.  They also could have contacted AP and arranged for parcel to be forwarded to another PO for collection say near where they work.  Most large POs have an early collection area where you can collect from 7AM usually located at side or back of PO with a buzzer to ring.

Thanks for this info! Yes, the LPO that the parcel is awaiting collection is one that does offer early pick up. Having spoken with Aus Post and lodging customer enquiry, they say they have now sent out the reminder notice.

The problem is, this item was 'free postage', which of course it was not, it was just an all in price due to being bomarded with eBay's 'FAST & FREE' bombardment! What also happens with the buyer? Seems unfair that a buyer can effectively pay and have an item of mine locked up for what will be 2 weeks and then be refunded without any sanctions? Also, this is assuming the item is still in original condition and has not been tampered with? I still cannot get my head around why someone would spend over $500 and not pick up or contact either Aus Post or the seller? Screams dodgy and I will be making sure that if I have to pick the item up, it is weighed and matches the images I always take when sending!!

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

If there is a phone number in your buyer's sales record try calling that.

Yes, no phone number, in fact I don't think I have seen a phone number in any of my buyers details for any sales? I know I could request from eBay?

You may be looking in the wrong place for the phone number.

It will be in the transaction record NOT the buyer details.

Look underneath the address details as most buyers do include their phone number.

Thanks, but I could not find any phone number on that or other transactions I looked at? Can you be a little more specific in how to locate, in steps? Thanks

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks, but I could not find any phone number on that or other transactions I looked at? Can you be a little more specific in how to locate, in steps? Thanks

This is from a buyer only so I may be way off the mark......I often get parcels from overseas with my phone number added on to the bottom of the address label.  It also happens occasionally with parcels withing Australia where the seller is using a courier and a phone number is needed for contact re delivery.

Check below the address you are given in the ebay/paypal notification as it must be available if the buyer has provided one.

When I registered on ebay you could not complete registration without providing a phone number.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Do an "Advanced Search". On the LHS of the screen under Members is "Find Contact Information". Click on that, enter the buyer's User Id in the top square and the transaction number in the bottom square. eBay will send you an email with the buyer's contact details that should include their phone number.
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

This is from a buyer only so I may be way off the mark......I often get parcels from overseas with my phone number added on to the bottom of the address label.  It also happens occasionally with parcels withing Australia where the seller is using a courier and a phone number is needed for contact re delivery.

Check below the address you are given in the ebay/paypal notification as it must be available if the buyer has provided one.

When I registered on ebay you could not complete registration without providing a phone number.

Thanks for your reply! Checked and no phone number, checked a few other transactions and no telephone numbers on them either?

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply