Postage increase

I have posted 2 messages about this and both messages have never made it to the board. Is ebay censoring messages about post increases.

I saw on oz post site a notice about the cost of post going from 70c to $1. for a slower service (2 days longer than normal) and even more for a service that is the same as the current one.

Anyone else see this ...am i reading it wrong ... if it is true then its not another nail in the coffin ...its a stake !

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Postage increase

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I received a letter from Aus Post informing about the 2 day slower

letter rate,  but there was no official announcement on this letter that

the price would go to $1

It just said if you wanted the faster service it would cost a little more

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

@imastawka wrote:

I received a letter from Aus Post informing about the 2 day slower

letter rate,  but there was no official announcement on this letter that

the price would go to $1

It just said if you wanted the faster service it would cost a little more

this was on the front page of oz posts website about an hour ago.

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Reform-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

I asked the fella at the post office about it.He said that if the government gives it the ok it will happen (70c to $1) in September this year.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They have to get approval first from the ACCC

Australia Post faces a snail-pace wait for an increase in the cost of a basic postage stamp, with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) saying it could take between six and nine months to consider the proposal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-05/australia-post-faces-long-wait-for-stamp-price-rise/6282394

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

The rise has been talked about since the last AP profit announcement a few weeks ago which was not the cash cow for the government that it has been in the past. The Government has been floating the idea of price rises to soften us up, ready for the official announcement with $1.00 being discussed as the new base price for letters. This would equate to a large <500gm. letter cost of $5.00  The increased delivery times could see a lot more defects coming our way if it is legislated. Scary stuff for online sellers.   

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

What a pity there won't be a federal election before then.

I wonder how long Tony would last if there was?
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

@cq_tech wrote:
What a pity there won't be a federal election before then.

I wonder how long Tony would last if there was?

I don't imagine any party would retract the rise, we have had 1st and 2nd class mail in the UK for a very long time and when it happened there were complaints on complaints on complaints but everyone got used to it very quickly and as far as ebay is concerned you can add a day to your handling time if you want to use the slower service or 30c to the asking price if you want to use the faster service. I don't send a lot by letter post but I certainly won't be having the vapours becausr of this.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

I have a 5 day handling time to try and fatten out the silly estimate that eBay puts in the listing, but still try and post same or next day when I can. It's also because sometimes it can take me a few days to get to the PO, even with their extended trading hours. I have had stars dinged because it took me 2 days to post it, even though my handling time is 5 days.

I don't think having a longer handling time will do much from the buyers perspective. Even if you post the same day, if it's not there in the time they think it should be, whammo, you get marked down on stars. I don't know what part of "how long did it take the seller to post the item" they don't get. Since when did that mean "how long did it take for your item to arrive?".

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

I think it's like reading listing descriptions - some just don't read or misread, for whatever reason Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply