Postage increase

I have posted 2 messages about this and both messages have never made it to the board. Is ebay censoring messages about post increases.

I saw on oz post site a notice about the cost of post going from 70c to $1. for a slower service (2 days longer than normal) and even more for a service that is the same as the current one.

Anyone else see this ...am i reading it wrong ... if it is true then its not another nail in the coffin ...its a stake !

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Postage increase

After having encountered a couple of nasty buyers last year, both of my postage DSRs have only just returned to 5.0. If this 2-tier postage fiasco is introduced, they won't be staying there for very long.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

The only way they can justify a 30c increase is to make it look like the $7.45 Parcel Post isn't that far beyond (unless they try making the minimum parcel rate $10 or beyond to fit in with the increase). Australia Post needs to be shot dead and reborn, with a dozen other postal agencies - I don't see America being stuck with the USPS and the USPS alone like it is here. In fact, I have never had one thing go missing with the USPS (not to be confused with UPS), only with Australia Post, including tracked parcels.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

@stickerswa wrote:

I have posted 2 messages about this and both messages have never made it to the board. Is ebay censoring messages about post increases.

Just thought I'd mention the delay in the other threads appearing is because of the link to Oz Post, which is actually a PDF, not a normal webpage (PDFs can countain harmful scripts, viruses etc, and they automatically download when you open them). I found out the forum (usually) delays posts containing links like that, to screen them I guess, a couple of months ago, so there's a thread somewhere around here with 3 links to the same Oz Post PDF, in between me wondering why my posts disappeared Smiley LOL ). 

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

Just thought I'd mention the delay in the other threads appearing is because of the link to Oz Post, which is actually a PDF, not a normal webpage (PDFs can countain harmful scripts, viruses etc, and they automatically download when you open them). I found out the forum (usually) delays posts containing links like that, to screen them I guess, a couple of months ago, so there's a thread somewhere around here with 3 links to the same Oz Post PDF, in between me wondering why my posts disappeared Smiley LOL ). 

Well there ya go. Learn something everyday. Thanks for that ! I wondered what was going on.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Postage increase

On to the actual topic, and for those saying it's only 30c more.....

I posted a question on their site re: large letter pricing but AFAIK Australia Post never responded. A 'placeholder' figure for priority stamps was $1.50 (but most articles mentioned AP had a view to increase that to $2 in the next couple of years), which means (at least in the beginning) a price increase of almost 115% to maintain the current service standard. So, in real terms, if that figure is accurate, and large letter pricing structure A) has both (the new) standard and 'priority', and B) retains the 2 x, 3 x and 5 x stamp prices for higher weight brackets, a 251g+ letter will cost $7.50 to get it to its destination via 'priority', the exact same thing I paid $3.50 for today.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply