Restricted eBay account requesting I provide receipts for all items I' selling!! 100% feedback 14yrs

rileybux
Community Member

eBay are treating me like I'm selling stolen goods after 14 loyal years and 100% positive feedback!

What is this world coming to when none of this matters and I'm just treated as a criminal?

I can't even close my eBay account because there's a pending refund which I APPROVED due to not being able to send item via Aust post for being 8cm too long!  Which we initially took to Australia Post to get a quote for postage before listing, mind you, but now Aust Post won't take the item.

Regardless, for Ebay to now restrict my account by insisting that I provide receipts for everything I'm selling - well Big Brother I'm sorry but I'm not willing nor should I have to prove to you that I'm not a criminal.  Im deeply offended and will be cancelling my eBay account as soon as you've processed my customers refund.  Shame on you! I'm a respectable business woman with years of nothing but positive feedback and yet you give me NO REASONS for your request and I'm not wasting my time to find receipts for random items that I'm trying to sell.  Your request is an insult and has no merit, no justification and you haven't even provided me with a REASON!

An appalling way to treat one of your longest and loyal customers who will be NO MORE.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Restricted eBay account requesting I provide receipts for all items I' selling!! 100% feedback 1

Buyers can only get positive feedback, so 100% is meaningless.

If this is your first sale and it went pear-shaped, and it was for something scam-prone, I don't doubt eBay require some sort of verification.

Was it the first, second or third time you sold the outdoor umbrella that you found you couldn't post it through AP?

I suspect not the third, as that was today.

I'd be a bit suss, too. There seems to be a pattern of selling the same thing. If, as you say, you are refunding customers, eBay would naturally want to know that you actually possess it.

You are certainly free to go elsewhere. I'm sure eBay won't notice your average 5 transactions per year disappearing.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: Restricted eBay account requesting I provide receipts for all items I' selling!! 100% feedback 1

According to her listing, she bought 6 umbrellas for her wedding, and is selling 4 of them. 2 single listings, and the last being a listing for 2 of them. First 2 had postage attached, the other 2 were pick ups. Im guessing it was one of the first 2 that is the offending listing.

I think there is possibly more to this because no one is going to get restricted for one refund.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@rileybux wrote:

Im deeply offended and will be cancelling my eBay account as soon as you've processed my customers refund. 

An appalling way to treat one of your longest and loyal customers who will be NO MORE.

Sorry but you will not be able to cancel your account as soon as you have processed the refund.

Ebay does not allow you to close your account until 6 months after your last sale.

As for being one of ebay's longest and loyal customers....you have been a member for less time than I have and I don't consider myself one of the longest serving members by any means.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised, to be honest.

Your umbrellas might be 'new' to you. but are actually used items and as such should have  pics of the actual item, not just stock photos.

Just sayin'

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Well. I am sorry but as mentioned every single buyer who has not made an actual sale too can only have 100%

And eBay know you have 100% A’s it is all they allow you to have

So it is meaningless 

Blaming other buyers and sellers what eBay does is not going to help get a refund faster nor do we have to give you a reason

Maybe actually contact eBay and tell them all this

But there are no special rules,no matter how much a person thinks they have somehow earned it

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply