Ridiculous fees

I have recently been made aware that ebay is slugging me 20% for pump parts that I sell on their platform, this is too expensive for me to continue on this platform. Is there a way that I can speak to a real person about getting the fees they charge lowered. I can see why facebook marketplace is so big now

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ridiculous fees

I dont have a store, selling from the basic platform

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

But you still have a Payments Tab to look at.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

13.4%   Unless  you are using promotions

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@izikazoomba wrote:

I have recently been made aware that ebay is slugging me 20% for pump parts that I sell on their platform, this is too expensive for me to continue on this platform. Is there a way that I can speak to a real person about getting the fees they charge lowered. I can see why facebook marketplace is so big now

There is the chat line but I doubt you'll get a rep on there who will lower your fees.

There is a set structure and from what I can gather, they stick to it.

If you have a problem or ebay makes a mistake with something, I have heard of people getting a refund.

But you're not talking of special circumstances with your items. I am not a seller but I don't think it is like bank loans, where you can negotiate a different individual rate?

Yes, marketplace is huge & it may work for you, I don't know. My own experience on it has been that it can be annoying as people expect you to be online 24/7 with instant replies & quite a few try to beat you way down in price. Insulting offers, actually. If you do try marketplace, I would advise putting the words Not negotiable in your ad. But if you want your ads on marketplace to be featured, they charge for that too.

Sometimes you might need to bump up the price of your item to cover the advertising costs.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

There you go. What you should do is take the difference between full price and what you get.

Are you using eBay labels, perchance? They are not free and are charged to your account.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Millions of items sold on this platform a day.  You really think anybody is empowered to wave a wand and lower YOUR fees?  That's assuming they were inclined to do so, which they are not.  The platform fees are well documented.  You either perused them before selling or chose not to.  

Your 20% claim is likely incorrect.  Unless you've paid to promote your listing the fee will be around 13%

FB marketplace definitely has some benefits.  It also has some very real downsides (scammers, no payment processing, lack of automation / API) which make it impossible to sell at scale, but perhaps it's the right option for you.  

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Where have you been, ebay fees are between 14-20%.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Those rates are quite high, checking a few of my last payments fees are 6.6 to 10.3.  6.6 was due to getting this promotion 30% off fees for new items listed this month that sell before renewing in a months time. 

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@gumardee_coins_and_banknotes wrote:

Where have you been, ebay fees are between 14-20%.

I've been right here.

Read the link I gave for ebay's fees.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply