SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Yes, it's totally frustrating!  I now have over 3000 to list the item specifics (all the info required is already there!!!)  Ebay advice is that all current listings will be OK, but once you want to relist they must have all the new format item specifics. And, of course,  all new listings have to have the new format - that's the easy part.

I'm just amending as many a day as fits in with my schedule - figure it's going to take me a good 4 months.

Good luck to us all!!!

Message 61 of 98
Latest reply

@lynne8221 wrote:

once you want to relist they must have all the new format item specifics

Does "relist" include when GTC renews?

Message 62 of 98
Latest reply

I was updating the specifics  - Just realised  that the additional specifics that I thought had gone, were hidden way  way down in the menu, so now I have put a lot in twice;   e.g.  series, illustrated, illustrator, etc.   which I had originally but I thought had been deleted.   😠

Message 63 of 98
Latest reply

I don't believe so.  Only when you start as a new listing.

Message 64 of 98
Latest reply

There was nothing to indicate that I needed to scroll UP to find a panel of pre-filled specifics when addressing the "Required soon" items . 

Most were correct, so choosing to "Accept all" was much quicker than filling them all in one by one, as I had been doing before I discovered the hidden panel.

And I seem to have gotten off lightly, I feel for all you book sellers with thousands of listings, so frustrating.

Message 65 of 98
Latest reply

Yes ella is an eBay employee - she posted on the Au boards accidentally, she is regularly on the US boards

Message 66 of 98
Latest reply

I had to laugh at the ebay chat support that advised me to use Turbo Lister to upload the required information.

Turbo Lister!

I had to check my calendar to make sure I hadn't travelled back in time.

Message 67 of 98
Latest reply

Hi Lynne  I could not call ebay as the phone number option has gone.  I went on to Chat and someone tried to tell me how to update the listings ha ha.  So the long and short of it is I asked him to get someone to call be so I could get some outcome. I get back to you when I get a call

Cheryl

Message 68 of 98
Latest reply

Thanks Cheryl.  Good luck - I can't see any way around it, so I've been updating away.  Figure it will take me at least four months, as I'm just doing it when I have time.

Will make sure all my new listings & relists are compliant.

Regards

Lynne

Message 69 of 98
Latest reply

With regard to the books category:   the latest email from ebay has given 4 specifics that will be required by 12 July:

ISBN

Book Title

Author

Language.

Those sellers who have been here some time remember the fiasco when ISBNs were put in, the ebay monster changed categories to audio books, chose the wrong book, etc.    I have been getting around that by putting "does not apply" but I don't know how long I will be permitted to do so.

So nearly everyone will have put in Author and Language already, so that's not too bad.  

The main revision will be "Book Title".      So even though you may have filled in the field "Title" before, this is no longer any good and you have to put in the name of the book again.   A double annoyance is that you will then forget to click "choose custom value" and it will not take any notice and you will have to do it again.     If you are particular, you will then scroll many miles down in the listing revision and take out "title" which you put in the original listing, but most of us don't have the time or patience, so will live with this being shown in the listing twice.

So happy revising everyone!   😀

Message 70 of 98
Latest reply