SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

They've certainly stuffed books up.

Message 2 of 98
Latest reply

You are not wrong!

I will try again over the weekend and see if it has been sorted.

Message 3 of 98
Latest reply

Holey Moley - all my books are changed categories!   And the specifics are screaming for updates!

Was there an announcement about this?    I see your message OP and am going to close my eyes until Monday!

Message 4 of 98
Latest reply

I see the changes are hidden in the Autumn 2021 Seller Update - which I don't remember getting a notice about but it's there alright.    😖

Message 5 of 98
Latest reply

They helpfully didn't tell us what would be required though.

It's seems author, title (which any competent seller would list in the header)and language (which they helpfully stripped out recently) will be the key specifics required.

ISBN (UPC) is no longer a required field.

Message 7 of 98
Latest reply

Very helpful when the new category changes are provided as an Excel file - which I don't have. The freebie version of Excel I have on my computer always does strange things to the layout. But as Dave pointed out, there is no indication of WHAT has actually changed in the categories.

Message 8 of 98
Latest reply

My items have all been moved to a new category because the old one ceased to exist, but eBay, in their infinite wisdom, has pre-filled some of the specifics to reflect the new category and most of them are flat-out wrong.

Tried to fix but kept getting errors, so I've just accepted that my listings will be in disarray for awhile.

As with most things on this site, this really should've been better organised with sellers able to adjust listings before these new categories went live.

Message 9 of 98
Latest reply

**bleep**, thanks a lot ebay

Message 10 of 98
Latest reply