SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

What a katistrophik stuff-up!

Message 11 of 98
Latest reply

All my toy listings that were in the TV & Movie Characters category, have now been switched over to the Action Figures category. I hope this is not permanent, plush toys listed as Action Figures doesn't seem right to me.

Message 12 of 98
Latest reply

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

What a katistrophik stuff-up!

LOL - coffee splatter all over my screen

Message 13 of 98
Latest reply

Hi katistrophik,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in the Books categories. We understand the changes might affect the way you used to sell books. eBay is moving to a product-based category structure that will support a better experience for both buyers and sellers. In addition, we are implementing new item specifics to help find your listings. Meanwhile, we will continue to look into improving the search experience further. I do hope this helps to resolve your concern. As the category changes roll out, there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24 hours. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback, and for choosing eBay!

Kind Regards,

Ella

Kind regards, Ella

Message 14 of 98
Latest reply

Hi Ella,

With all due respect - the issue isn't about how people used to sell things; it's that the current listed items have been put into different (most of the time wrong) categories and some of the item specifics have been pre-filled. 

If it wasn't for the seller noticing, there would be no indication that there is any issue with the listing - apart from maybe the fact they were seeing a decline in views. 

Sellers should have been notified of this change when it actually occurred (yesterday or overnight) so that they could check their listings and ensure there were no issues. Instead, people have been left in the dark and losing sales or worse, providing incorrect information to buyers. 

What would happen if a buyer were to submit a 'item not as described' claim for an item specific that ebay had incorrectly populated? 

Message 15 of 98
Latest reply

Well said!

Message 16 of 98
Latest reply

Most significant change for me is that all children's books categories have now moved to BOOKS -

So if you are a buyer and want a children's book - you choose books - then SEE ALL (but no, that button doesn't work) 

So you need to specify an age group - and then SEE ALL (but no, that button doesn't work)

So you close the computer and go to a bookshop.

Message 17 of 98
Latest reply

ella@seller_update seems to be pretending to be ebay staff  =  troll IMO

There's also no country of registration

Message 18 of 98
Latest reply

Nah, I think it is ebay - just the kind of unhelpful message you get from them all the time.   😀

Message 19 of 98
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

ella@seller_update seems to be pretending to be ebay staff  =  troll IMO

There's also no country of registration

I thought the ella thing was weird also, but then so much has changed and is changing, so maybe that's how it's done now?

Message 20 of 98
Latest reply