Sales stopped since latest update ??

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has had their sales drop or stop since the latest updates??  It is like my shop has been turned off which has never happened in all my years on eBay, it is really weird, any suggestions would be appreciated Woman Very Happy

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Sales stopped since latest update ??

If sellers did not make sure that their item specifics were updated by Oct 15, they would be reduced in search visibility.

Not saying that this is the case for the OP, but many sellers including myself, have had to make sure that all of the required/important specifics are updated.

In the past, when you listed an item, you could get away with just filling in the brand of an item (or unbranded/handmade in my case). Everything else besides the UPC requirement was not necessarily needed. Ebay now requires a HEAP more basic information to be filled in. In my case, because I mainly sell cushion covers, I had to go into every listing, make sure that I had allocated a size, the material and the colour and so on. Whilst there were loads more specifics available in the listing, I think that there were at least a minimum of 5 that now had a red asterisk and HAD to be filled in ie: the absolute most important information for a buyer when searching.

Ebay has tried to make it easier for buyers to really drill down into the item specifics on the left hand side when they search, so if any of those specifics are missing from your listings, it will be a lot harder for buyers to find you.

Also, double check that Ebay have not moved your items into a different category altogether. I found that they had moved more than 50% of my listings into "Childrens Decor" and of course, when you change category, ALL items specifics are lost.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

This part of the report caught my eye...

'despite shrinking GMV, revenue is growing'.
The younger generation don't think 'eBay'.

Bloody Millennials...lol

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Not here (shock horror), 30 sales this month and 20-odd last month (compared to my long-term average of 13). eBay will probably even it out though by giving me a Christmas present of 5 sales and a $2 fee.

There is only one change I made to my items (video games), listing them together (but still sold separately) as multiple variations instead of individual listings. The exact same items I had listed since forever magically started selling.
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following article may also be of interest too regarding another change of CEO:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/25/devin-wenig-steps-down-as-ebay-ceo/

and especially the following paragraph in the article may also raise a few eyebrows, article is dated just 4 weeks ago:-

The move comes amid turmoil at the company. Earlier this year, investors Elliott Management suggested key structural changes to help reinvigorate a floundering company. โ€œToday eBay suffers from an inefficient organizational structure, wasteful spend and a misallocation of resources,โ€ it wrote in a letter at the time. EBay went through layoffs and restructuring in the wake of the letter.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Ive nearly given up on Ebay.

Havent sold much nearly all year.

When I do sell something its Chili,Or Russia,Or south africa of all places.

All very strange

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

There was also the postage price increase which may have an effect on some listings.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I'm pretty much on target this month (not including a break I took for over a week).
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Is anyone?? Doing well... Sales have totally slowed for me but I've been on holidays (& haven't added my new stock yet)... Wondering if I should wait until things pick up for Xmas so my new stuff gets seen when it's busier... So want to know if some people are still getting their regular sales?

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Ditto re sales dropped off..less than 50% of what they were last year on all accounts. Doesnt help that eBay allows the chinese sellers to emulate being in Australia either ie item locations of NSW, Australia or Darwin Australia..and it goes on. They are avoiding GST but also taking sales from true Australian Based Sellers. Try searching for your own items from time to time and they do not come up. Also re promoted items are beggining to also look like a waste of money now as well. As items are either not promoted or the only one available when you have already paid for the item to appear. Sorry for the Rant, but tired of eBay taking continuously but providing absolutely nothing for sellers

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply