Seeking info on Large Japanese “(BIC) JAPAN” stamped Ginger Jar Vase. Crazing, Gold, Imari?

Hi all I have pictures here if this LARGE 30~  cm high 16cm~ wide and weighs 1.34kg.

is it IMARI painting style/technique? I am still learning about Asian ware and Chinese and Japanese difference.

Anyone know (BIC) JAPAN for Ceramics or Fine China Or Porcelain maker?? Can’t find much online or on eBay for it. Thanks see pics below! Cheers all!

it’s pale and has gold gild on the top handle and the edge of the lid with light gold painted within the picture of peacocks and floral scenes, seems like it’s IMARI? In its paint style or am I mistake?? This is on the Vase or Ginger Jars and also in the images of flowers on the lid. 

crazing is apparent all over and inside bar the resting base circle.

Marked “BIC Japan” with the BIC in a circle/oval then Japan under it.

B12E6093-E0F3-4E52-9439-F1A33CD46FF4.jpeg

ANYONE know or have idea on age and also origin like where in Japan and who or what they were made for by this (BIC) company or maker?? 

i have no other info other than I’m in Australia and have found this without any DAMAGE from a semi local op-shop that I go to on days out. 

it was $20 that’s what we payed and wanted to see if we could possibly get $50 profit so that’s including the eBay 13% fee then post also = $20+ in this case as it will be quite large when padded then wrapped... so that’s $40 so far then the fee of selling 13% let’s say I go for $100 free post that will get me $45 profit and that’s without using the promoted listing which I use every time even if it’s 1% it helps imo. Anyway Cus I have low visitors and not marketed the page I only sell items I don’t keep or want any more. Not a business. 

thanks anyone who can help! Here are the pics.

Can only put one pic here it is the base

B9D31CA4-03DA-4F72-9555-0F806C53E447.jpeg

On no3  won’t let me post more pics I’ll ad them to comments maybe  weird that one 👇 worked…

E416B3EA-F88E-4E47-9453-204FFAACC66F.jpeg

Hmmm and this one below idk must be to big the other photos..

CC9EB877-AFE0-4585-9E84-E40103B89C6C.jpeg

0BECE2A3-9FFF-4A4A-ACE6-082328AE0F70.jpeg

Ok thanks for the assistance!! If it’s RARE or even COLLECTIBLE to some degree I hope you can let me know! Thank you all!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Seeking info on Large Japanese “(BIC) JAPAN” stamped Ginger Jar Vase. Crazing, Gold, Imari?

No one knows :(( 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: Seeking info on Large Japanese “(BIC) JAPAN” stamped Ginger Jar Vase. Crazing, Gold, Imari?

After ONE hour on a Sunday!

Who'd a thunk.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Personally I think they are all 80's reproductions, and only worth the same or a little more than you paid.

Sorry.  My opinion only.

Maybe someone else can add to it...........

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Don't know much about  porcelain/ceramics/pottery,  let alone from JAPAN

But the Peacock has flown the coop, and landed on this one as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275628840344?hash=item402cc25598:g:6FUAAOSwrPtjhi4u

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Mass-produced… Possibly 1965-1975, but that is a guess.

Look, retro containers of this sort do have a market. I would not want to venture a value.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the help so far but if I can find out any specific info on it that would be amazing! Still keep opinions coming that helps too!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Repro. I'll give ya $5 with free postage. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry - looks a bit ' run of the mill ' to me.

I'd get it off the very western crochet doily for beginners. lol

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply