Seller Vent Time.........

OK,

eBay gives me options to state how long an item will take to get to them. The ad in which the item is listed also states (quite largely) how long the item takes to get to the customer.  If the item is out of stock when its bought and needs to be ordered back in the ad clearly states waiting time, but communication will be made if this happens....

Ebay gives me the power to do all these things to give a customer a strong customer based experience..... RIGHT?

Someone explain to me why it is that when a customer doesn't read the ad and its terms why am I still responsible for their short comings when it comes to comprehending the writen word?

Why when you get negative feedback, which is dated mind you, that eBay can't step in a back up the seller and say well, the ad did state and you just didn't read it correctly... Negative strike dismissed against the seller.

Just because you don't get to see the seller in most cases doesn't mean that you can become arrogant or offensive to another human being.

Why, Oh Why eBay decided to take away the right for a seller to give negative feedback blows my mind.

End rant.

PS: by the way I am not talking about my account, my wife is trying to start up a business and customers have found ways to rought the system whether it be through postage or charge backs to paypal. Very hard to stay afloat when some people find that you can get stuff for free, all you gotta do is complain.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller Vent Time.........

Yeah I get what kombat is saying, the bitterness and elitism in some responses suggests something else which you find in forums all over the net, suggest everyone is a newbie and knows **bleep** about what they are doing here on eBay. Come looking for advice and get shot down in the process.
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Crucifixitions, Public Floggings and Keelhaulings - all part of the experience.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Yes! have had that experience and also I get I want my money back or you get bad feedback, does anyone else cop this?

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply