Seller is using another account to inflate item price

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well I purchased off this buyer 6 months ago and it was the same bidder bidding on 4 out of 4 of her items.

I was given a second chance offer as she told me the winning bidder was from overseas.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Well that bidder with feedback of 1 is also bidding on 3 other sellers items. The total of her bidding on this sellers items is only 23%.

You can't name and shame in the forums either just in case you are wrong and damage someones reputation, which is quite possible in this case.
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am pretty sure you are wrong if you are referring to the bidder with 1 feedback.   They are bidding on items from several other sellers, are winning some items and not others....and have no bid retractions.

It is definitely not typical shill bidding.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Well I purchased off this buyer 6 months ago and it was the same bidder bidding on 4 out of 4 of her items.

I was given a second chance offer as she told me the winning bidder was from overseas.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

how can you be certain of that. The names are computer generated so who says it was even the same bidder.

You should contact ebay with your concerns not post it here in the forums.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Harley is right - how many buyers out there have 1 feedback ?

OP you have no way of identifying a particular bidder in this instance.

Well done solving your own query BTW. LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

If you think that you have come across a shill bidder, if they are dumb and use the same registration details or the same ISP, eBay can and do intervene very quickly.

I had one 2 days ago, had 3 of them on the same auction, looked sus to me, I rang eBay as obviously I couldn't tell who they were or when they registered etc (a 5, 1 and 0 FB score),

They could see the IDs and must be able to see more detail as to activity etc than we can, as the lady on the phone was doing lots of "hmms and mmmsss" She asked me if I had bid on the item (thought that was weird, considering she must have been able to see? But I hadn't but told her I intended to, which was why I was watching this item. She then went through our messages where I had arranged collection date and time with the seller "should I win"

Within maybe 2 hours? 2 of those bidders were "no longer registered members" and their bids were removed.

I don't know why and I can only assume, but the auction was allowed to continue minus those two bidders.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

don't know why and I can only assume, but the auction was allowed to continue minus those two bidders.

If it was a high ticket item - eBay still want the fee's - to hell with right or wrong baby - get rid of the accomplace and let the 'thief' make his trade  $$$$$$$

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Maybe, but the item went for $66, and when I rang, it was only sitting around the high $50's

BUT, it was a set of 3, which retail would sell for about $600, and there was a single one on at the same time (different seller) that had a start price of $180. Yes I did tell eBay this.

I have one other item of this seller on watch (not cos I'm staslking, I want it too) and it is also still listed, but currently only at $2.50ish..

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

The seller just had a really BAD title, I have no doubt that if they had have actually listed it well, it would have attracted many more bidders, especially due to it's low strating price.

The title was just "grey statue" (for example)

when they really could have said something like "hand carved stone african safari hippopotamus? (for example)

I actually only found it as it came up at the bottom of my watch list in that section where it shows you "some other things you may like" that are totally irrelevant to the thing you are actually watching.

It was pure fluke and coincidence that I even found it.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply