Seller is using another account to inflate item price

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Seller is using another account to inflate item price

Doesn't really make eBay look good at all if they deregistered ids that were reported as possible shillers - and then let the auction proceed.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

I agree, I would assume if a seller was caught doing something that immoral they would have been suspended or at the very least a wrap on the knuckes.

I get slapped for saying *bleep* yet a dishonest seller can go right ahead and make some money.

Diamond - Crikey - are you back now??? LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Crikey's back for a while LOL

Still don't know if my mid life crisis has passed tho.

As I said, I don't know why those two ID's were removed, maybe, if you believe in coincidence, that's what it was....

I guess I will see how honest the seller is when I go to pick up my hippopotamus

but yeah, I am confused as to why the seller is still there (and to be honest, at this stage very grateful), so maybe they weren't really shill bidding and the two members in question were doing something else wrong? (Remember I bought 3 members to eBay's attention, and only 2 of those had something happen to their account)

Maybe my phone call had nothing to do with any of it

*shrugs*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

I agree, I would assume if a seller was caught doing something that immoral they would have been suspended or at the very least a wrap on the knuckes.

I get slapped for saying *bleep* yet a dishonest seller can go right ahead and make some money.

The whole tale is all rather unusual really, not really sure why the circumstances of this auction would prompt a call to eBay as IMO there is nothing at all unusual about low feedback newbies hanging around and bidding on auctions.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

What's the matter PJs, you're crystal ball broken?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Ouch LOL Wish I had a crystal ball

I was responding to crikeys scenario - I agree cats, nothing looks untoward on the auction the OP has queried.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This discussion is getting a little heated. Could we please communicate with a more civil tone. Thanks!

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Your pretty sure I am wrong??

Must have just been a coincidence when I purchased a item from the same seller 6 months ago same bidder

(a***m ( 1 )) bidding on all her items.

I was given a second chance offer at more than the sale price as she knew what the highest bidders max bid was.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply