Seller protection requirements with courier

Hi everyone

I have a buyer that has opened an "item not received" case against me on ebay.com (not ebay.com.au). Does the below document count as proof of delivery if I need to submit it to ebay? The tracking number doesn't show postcode. Just shows received at Kennards (the buyer wanted it shippped there which is also listed as their paypal address). The tracking number is CPALTKZ0195242 at Couriers Please

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller protection requirements with courier

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you sent it to the address that the buyer had in paypal then that is correct.

If that is the Kingsgrove address then it does show a postcode.

Usually a courier docket is enough to prove delivery if it is viewable online.   Have you checked if it is showing as delivered online?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

On the website, the tracking says delivered at Kennards but doesn't say postcode. Do they check the tracking number as well?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

As far as I know they check the tracking number online.   If it shows as delivered then it is considered to be delivered.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Why does it have "signed" in the signature box? Driver and customer signature seem identical. So unless the driver was the customer or they were both Mr Signed it seems very sus.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

This is what shows up on Couriers Please tracking page:

INR.jpg

First question that sprung to my mind after seeing that it was delivered to "Tray (Shelves)" is...

Was this parcel an "Authority To Leave" package?

It is unusual for a CourierPlease delivery person to just leave it at a place and then indicated on the Signature as "signed" unless it is an ATL. I have used them on a lot of occasion and they usually indicate the place where they left the parcels in the Signature section when it is an Authority To Leave parcel.

If it is indeed an ATL parcel being left at a business premise, you  may want to ask the buyer to check with his/her colleagues. Someone may have removed it from where it was left and kept it at a safer place?

Or if a signature was required, you may want to contact the courier and let them know about this situation.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Oh the signature was just an example. I used the one I had on the computer instead of having to take a picture of the physical piece of paper with the correct signatures. Sorry about tthe confusion.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Are the seller protection requirements the same on ebay.com as well? Because the buyer started the case on ebay.com and not on ebay.com.au. I'm guessing these documents would still satisfy them I hope?

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Usually the tracking number (once uploaded to the dispute) will suffice, but signature on delivery is a requirement if the total value was $750 or more. Even if the value was less, if you want to be on the safe side, just upload the document that shows the delivery address and signatures as an image. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@jack11279 wrote:

Are the seller protection requirements the same on ebay.com as well? Because the buyer started the case on ebay.com and not on ebay.com.au. I'm guessing these documents would still satisfy them I hope?

Sometimes people don't realise they're on eBay US when they do things,. Before the MBG was introduced in Australia, some buyers would purchase via eBay.com specifically so they could use the MBG, but that's less relevant now that eBay AU has it as well.

eBay US also used to allow INR claims if the item was delivered, but after eBay's estimated date of arrival (a buyer could win these cases if the seller posted after their handling time, but not if the seller posted within their handling time), but I don't think they allow that anymore (their policy still says they look for "successful on time delivery", while eBay AU's just says "successful delivery", but I couldn't find any info like they used to have about claims for INR if the item was delivered late). 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply