Seller protection requirements with courier

Hi everyone

I have a buyer that has opened an "item not received" case against me on ebay.com (not ebay.com.au). Does the below document count as proof of delivery if I need to submit it to ebay? The tracking number doesn't show postcode. Just shows received at Kennards (the buyer wanted it shippped there which is also listed as their paypal address). The tracking number is CPALTKZ0195242 at Couriers Please

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The tracking number says "Delivered to Tray (shelves) at Kennards Self Storage". Doesn't say delivered to their address. Would that make it better to upload the documents instead?

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Assuming that your buyer has a storage space at the Kennards outlet (and isn't an employee there):

I'd be contacting the Kennards outlet directly, explaining the situation, and asking them to check if the item was sitting there on the shelves.

If they answer "yes", ask them to contact the buyer and tell him / her that their item is awaiting collection - and contact the buyer yourself, and tell them the same thing. If the buyer rents storage space there, they'll have the contact info.

If they answer "no", ask them to confirm that the item was delivered there (quote them the name of the person there who signed for it), and ask when it was picked up, and by who. Whoever picked it up will have had to have provided ID. Then contact the buyer, and politely explain that the item was picked up by someone who provided the relevant ID, and diplomatically ask them W T F they're playing at.

Of course, if your buyer works at that Kennards and has their mail delivered there during the day, you'll get to talk directly to them. Joy!

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

The buyer was finally able to make contact Kennards (previously weren't able to) and has confimred delivery so has closed the case. Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated!!

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply