Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Re: Selling account restricted permanently

The scammers will also end up with lots of defects so they'll be brought to account, but if we didn't have a defect system they'd continue to get away with it.  Is that what you want - do away with the defect system so they can continue on their merry way?

No, I don't think anyone here wants that.

The issue here for me is the punishment.. does it fit the offence?

Permanent ban for:

1. OP in cancelling items out of stock.. contravenes policy.... buyers are contacted by this seller and given choice of refund or wait... no buyers have been ripped off. They will receive a refund or their item (delayed delivery).

2. Scammer/fraudsters who can rip a group of  buyers off for $1000's in one hit.

Message 121 of 330
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I agree with you in the most part but in effect the seller could have lied a little better and ebay would have been non the wiser. I would prefer an honest seller who is out of stock than a dishonest one that will drag a transaction on for a month.

The seller could have lied and still have an account (no sting).

A lot of buyers would have been a bit disgruntled but would have told him they were happy to wait, simply because there wasn't much point carrying on about it.  While they said they were happy to wait, how many of them gave him a low score that caused a defect?  I'd suggest a lot of them would have given a low score for postage time, which would have earned him enough defects to have his account cancelled.

How could he have "lied a little better" to avoid receiving low DSRs/defects?  If he'd told them he was sick or said nothing at all and just posted a week later, no doubt he would have still copped a lot of low DSRs, and therefore defects.  The only way he could have avoided the defects was only to list what he had in stock. 

If you look at his feedback this is not a one-off incident.  He's a serial offender.  He even admits in earlier posts that he listed quantities of 100 for a lot of listings even though he didn't have that many.

Message 122 of 330
Latest reply

I don't appreciate buying an item that is not even in stock (from any online retailer). However, if I was the OP's customer and I really wanted that DVD, I would wait for it without any issue, simply because they informed me of the problem promptly. If I didn't want to wait any longer I would take the refund.

If I had to hang around wondering why it hadn't been posted and seller appeared to be stringing things out without any contact, then I wouldn't be a happy customer.

englishrose - do you think the OP's permanent ban is warranted? We know what he has done, no point in repeating it ad nauseum.

Message 123 of 330
Latest reply

The scammers will also end up with lots of defects so they'll be brought to account, but if we didn't have a defect system they'd continue to get away with it.  Is that what you want - do away with the defect system so they can continue on their merry way?

All these sellers below are given prime position on eBay Big Sundays and yes they are continuing on their merry way.

As for collectibles it is not a no brainer, neither is 'other' if I can list garden gloves in the garden category I darn well should be able to list garden boots there too.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dell_australia&&_trksid=p2047675.l...

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=supercheapauto&&_trksid=p2047675.l...

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=officeworks&&_trksid=p2047675.l256...

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bcf-boating-camping-fishing&&_trks...

Photobucket
Message 124 of 330
Latest reply

Hmmm.....2 years registered, 1708 feedback, 55 negs, 47 neutrals,  why are they still here?

Sample:

Had no stock did not even attempt to offer a substitute item. False advertising!

Delivery is extremely slow. Upto 1 month which is a joke. Poor communication

very poor, took money, then email a week later, out of stock, 4 days 4 refund

ABSOLUTE DISGUSTING WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS..DONT SELL IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT 

Have asked numerous times why my order has not been shipped, no replier given

Message 125 of 330
Latest reply

From memory the seller said that it would be a week to get the new stock. So we are talking a week delay and advising customers of that. Yes the seller is in the wrong and it would be anyoying, but one week and banned....that just sounds silly to me.They could have spent $1000 to express post 100 items at worst.Multiple infringments would build up though...eBay really are getting down to the real business.

Message 126 of 330
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Hmmm.....2 years registered, 1708 feedback, 55 negs, 47 neutrals,  why are they still here?

Sample:

Had no stock did not even attempt to offer a substitute item. False advertising!

Delivery is extremely slow. Upto 1 month which is a joke. Poor communication

very poor, took money, then email a week later, out of stock, 4 days 4 refund

ABSOLUTE DISGUSTING WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS..DONT SELL IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT 

Have asked numerous times why my order has not been shipped, no replier given

Because they are protected, plain and simple, different rules if your name happens to be Dick Smith, they did have an inventory management problem, I doubt that would work as an excuse for the average seller.

Photobucket
Message 127 of 330
Latest reply

englishrosegarden:

A lot of buyers would have been a bit disgruntled but would have told him they were happy to wait, simply because there wasn't much point carrying on about it.

That is pure speculation.

Message 128 of 330
Latest reply

No, I don't think anyone here wants that.

The issue here for me is the punishment.. does it fit the offence?

Permanent ban for:

1. OP in cancelling items out of stock.. contravenes policy.... buyers are contacted by this seller and given choice of refund or wait... no buyers have been ripped off. They will receive a refund or their item (delayed delivery).

2. Scammer/fraudsters who can rip a group of  buyers off for $1000's in one hit.

Plus donnas post to Feedbacks

am and donna

I think between your two posts you have summed it up in a nutshell - this is exactly what this discussion is really all about.

Sure, it started with one Seller, who most of us consider was hard done by (even knowing all the facts as we do now) but the real issue is the unfairness and the inability to reason with eBay or to make amends for a wrong doing by otherwise reputable long standing Sellers

Message 130 of 330
Latest reply