Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

It truly is ridiculous and i am suprised they don't have an escalation process or resolutions team. the supervisor i spoke with was exactly like the CSO in saying it's "ebay policy". They are all trained to follow the process/policy.

But anyhow, i hope the email i have sent will be reviewed by someone with a little more intelligence.

Message 11 of 330
Latest reply

I will also add that my DSR's are all 4.9 and above. These cancelled transactions hurt me.

Message 12 of 330
Latest reply

I hope you can get this issue resolved somehow.

Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

You did the right thing as far as buyers are concerned (contacting them and offering a refund or they can wait). 

If you didn't do that, some ( those who preferred a refund) may have given you negatives for you not having the stock on hand to sell which means delays in posting the item and low ratings and that may still have had a bad effect on your account.

Yet sellers continue to be able to sell fake designer handbags and fake artwork etc..

Message 13 of 330
Latest reply

Message 15 of 330
Latest reply

WOW! After reading that it seems as though ebay just did a complete clean out.

Message 16 of 330
Latest reply

Hi John

That really is bad news, but looking at the number of transactions you make I would guess that you are on a 3 monthly review, so it shouldn't take too long to get back on track.

Before your account was restricted you would have needed 5% from at least 8 different buyers to fall below standard.

Obviously when you run out of stock unexpectedly it would feel so unfair, especially when you tried to please the buyer who doesn't even seem unhappy, but I guess now the thing is to learn from this and work out how to continue to provide good customer service without getting any more defects.

Avoid at all costs cancelling a transaction for the reason that you are out of stock.

Understandably eBay and buyers don't like this. Buyers are likely to shop offline next time if it all becomes too hard or complicated.

You could take a gamble and just say nothing until the stock arrives, but that could attract negs and neutrals which will equally harm your account.

Maybe offer alternatives or bonus items or partial refunds if they are prepared to wait.

Hope this all blows over quickly for you.

I would suggest that if you get through the next month absolutely defect free then give Customer Service another call and see if there is any chance they will at least lift the restrictions.

Message 17 of 330
Latest reply

I have had the same issue as it reduced my DSR. I successfully had it all removed by just a normal customer support rep.

Now when I cancel transactions, I just select "other" so it doesn't count as a defect. Easy way around this **bleep** system.
Message 18 of 330
Latest reply

ebay has lost the plot.

here we have a seller being treated so badly. for nothing more than running out of some stock and had to cancell a couple of listings. (YET) stroll down the boards a bit and there is a seller caught shill bidding and many other rule breaking activitys yet her account was allowed to re open and she has continued breaking said rules. maybe its time for ebay to 

re-think there at times stupid rule changes. because all sellers are at the mercy of buyers honestly and aussie post to get parcels to buyers fast. ebay's 15th birthday is becoming more likely to be there last as its not what it once was.

Message 19 of 330
Latest reply

My issue is that i have been permanently restricted. All of my listings were removed yesterday, approx 700.

Yes this was due to one item that i did not enough of. the movie Popeye it was with Robin Williams. The day he passed away and the week thereafter i sold more than 100 of them. I only had about 25 available. I was not using the inventory manager so i got burnt.

I have learned my lesson but it seems as though ebay does not allow for any mistakes or errors.

Message 20 of 330
Latest reply