Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Also, when a sellers sales are restricted - does it ally to ALL stores they own?  or just the store where the items were located?

Message 321 of 330
Latest reply

Refunds and cancellations because you are out of stock are a big big NO NO on eBay now.

In addition your low DSRs, including for postage time at 4.6 would have also contributed to your demise.

Message 322 of 330
Latest reply

Message 323 of 330
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

Also, when a sellers sales are restricted - does it ally to ALL stores they own? 

Selling restrictions apply to all IDs associated with the member, and have been known to extend to the accounts of other family members, or ID's eBay think are connected in some way to the restricted account.

Message 324 of 330
Latest reply

Hello Everybody on this forum.

I am another victim of eBay account being restricted.

I have called and messaged the Support team and still watiting for a good news,

Being with ebay as a seller for last 8 Years was good enough.

I have many happy customers. They still contact me directly through email and phones.

Recently I got message from ebay saying my account was ristricted from selling.

Just because of few buyers who didn't do the right thing, sellers like US get victimed.

I Blame the rating system of ebay for this. and we all should do something to force ebay  to get something better for sellers.

The rating system is not good. Buyers can do anything to put the seller down. But seller can't do anything even if they try their best.

Message 325 of 330
Latest reply

With such appalling feedback and DSRs, I'm not the least bit surprised you've been restricted from selling. I can't believe you're actually surprised that eBay acted to protect their buyers from a seller whose feedback clearly indicates that you couldn't give a toss about your customers. I'd be very surprised if they ever allow you to sell on eBay again.
Message 326 of 330
Latest reply

Nothing changes.  My online stock was not live, and I had to cancel some orders as I ran out of stock. The customers were happy and understood.  They were given the option of waiting for new stock or to receive a refund. In 2015 the account was retricted. Since then I have invested a lot of time and money to ensure that stock levels are live and available.  Now 2019, I am told by the Phillipines Call Centre that the process can not be reversed. Even murderers get paroled .... but apparently not through eBay and their Phillipines Call Centre.  You can not speak to anyone in Australia, and receive a rationale explanation ... just a blunt that it is permanent and can not be reversed.

Message 327 of 330
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@gtx305 wrote:

Also, when a sellers sales are restricted - does it ally to ALL stores they own? 

Selling restrictions apply to all IDs associated with the member, and have been known to extend to the accounts of other family members, or ID's eBay think are connected in some way to the restricted account.

Since this thread has resurrected itself I might as well reply and I can see that this has not happened in OPs case!

Message 328 of 330
Latest reply

Meanwhile they let sellers in China lie and claim their products are being sent from Australia, charge $10 for Express post shipping only for the product to arrive 3 weeks later. I've never heard of thse accounts ever being restricted for violating eBays terms and conditions..

Message 329 of 330
Latest reply

@retrogamestoreau wrote:

Meanwhile they let sellers in China lie and claim their products are being sent from Australia, charge $10 for Express post shipping only for the product to arrive 3 weeks later. I've never heard of thse accounts ever being restricted for violating eBays terms and conditions..

That's because the Chinese are untouchable and they're never going to be restricted.

Message 330 of 330
Latest reply