Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Re: Selling account restricted permanently

It's a bit heartening to hear that they will take notice when required and if you do persist.

We have recently had some damage done to our defect ratings and FB on our other selling ID by a buyer who clearly scammed us. We were sure we had not made the exact same measurement error on the 8x items she bought from us. One we could understand but not all 8. So we let her know we were not happy but did send out the replacement items she was demanding. She then left us 6x NEGs for our troubles. The other two she must have left inadvertent POS because the comments were negative.

We got some pretty conclusive evidence a week or so later when she tried to do the exact same thing to another seller but sent the message to us by mistake. Claiming that the order was received but it was short on item counts and/or lengths.

So we are now trying to get ebay to see that if she has done it to us and tried it again with at least one other seller they should remove the retaliatory NEGs she left us. They will be able to see all messages between her and other sellers and if this pattern persists often enough then surely they ought to find in our favour and restore our good account.

We had an update message yesterday from them saying they were still investigating the case.

Message 311 of 330
Latest reply

I wish you luck Clarry. It would be nice to think that eBay will ultimately do the right thing and remove your negs, particularly with the evidence you were able to provide. At least they're still investigating, and given that I also uploaded incontrovertible evidence yet it still took them more than 3 weeks to act, if I were you I wouldn't be giving up hope just yet.

Incidentally, if eBay do remove the negs, the associated defects will still appear in your seller's dashboard, but they will no longer count, and will disappear when the next evaluation is published. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on your behalf. 🙂
Message 312 of 330
Latest reply

This is terrible John..I have watched your account grow over the years..This is the way Ebay treats their top sellers is disgusting...You cant even sue them as they work cross countries and have no mechanism of appeal...I believe in 1 2months Ebay will self implode and their will be no Australian sellers..

Message 313 of 330
Latest reply

NZ showed eBay they was not liked or wanted dumping eBay and having there own site trade me.

its a shame no Australian business has not taken the aussie market away from ebay and start an australian only auction site.

i know Qs is an option but the ceo of that mob have put all there eggs into there car selling site and left QS to fail.

i remeber yahoo years ago had there own auction site and was great. just hope one day some company comes along & takes notice of what ebay is doing to sellers and offer an option for us all. But honestly with postage rising in cost every six months i cant see online selling lasting much longer now as its cheaper to do shopping the old way. jump in the car and go shopping.

Message 314 of 330
Latest reply

i am in the same situation. ebay told me to take my business somewhere else. i cannot sell on ebay , but im still able to buy. i had spoken to so many different staff on the phone, and each time they tell me something different. until i asked to speak to supervisor. The reply from the supervisor is that the restriction on my account is permanent and thats the final decision.
Message 315 of 330
Latest reply

did they tell you why?

you have 100% feedback and dsr's look okay... was it defects we cant see?

Message 316 of 330
Latest reply

Yes I looked at the FB too and I can't see any reason there why someone would get a permanent ban from selling.

There must be reasons we cannot see.

Persistent serious policy violations maybe that don't translate into outward defects.

If no reason has been given then heaven help the rest of us.

Message 317 of 330
Latest reply

I got my marching orders also after 10 years as a buyer and seller on Ebay.

I moved house and hubby op shopped a bag of clothing that was actually what I'd pulled out to post, after a week or two we worked out this is what he'd done.

I refunded all the 7-8 sellers and listed as out of stock which I thought was the most appropriate thing to choose.

I then put everything in holiday mode until I got service at the new address sorted which of course was over Christmas and delayed.

As I began sorting out my stock (all preloved clothing) before I could even list anything new or unhide from holiday view I've been told I can no longer sell.

It's very frustrating, I was never reliant on it as a form of income but it just seems such an unfair thing to do with little room for negotiation or understanding.  Really sad.

Message 318 of 330
Latest reply

This is the 'Out of Stock' feature.  Would/should this have applied to you?

Use the out-of-stock feature so anytime a Good ‘Til Cancelled listing reaches a quantity of zero, we’ll automatically hide that listing from buyer searches, helping to safeguard your hard-earned feedback and retaining your sales history.

Once you replenish your stock and update the quantity, the listings become visible once again.

Message 319 of 330
Latest reply

Did you end up going to Fair Trade or the ACCC about this?

The first time the supervisor said the decision is "final" I would have got her name to put in the complaint, and told her thats exactly what I was doing, then did it.

When you make a complaint, they look at the whole situation, not just Ebays policies. Policies are not law, or authority.

Message 320 of 330
Latest reply