Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Maybe if we start getting REALLY nasty they will take notice - just joking !!!

Message 81 of 330
Latest reply

Ha....many a true word spoken in jest
Message 82 of 330
Latest reply

You can spread link with smart phone, touch link, hit the three lines at bottom of phone, list comes up, touch "share", and you can send link by txt, email, facebook ect ect ect...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 83 of 330
Latest reply

Is there any evidence of anyone actually having the account reinstated? I am yet to see one as yet but i may be wrong.
Message 84 of 330
Latest reply

I might also add that it has been a little over 48 hours since i sent ebay my email outlining what has occured and why i should be reinstated.
They say that they "usually respond within 24-48 hours". To be honest, i am really not expecting any response.
Message 85 of 330
Latest reply

I wouldn't have a clue if a suspended account has been fixed, I'm still fairly new and I'm slowly but shorly learning. From what I can see from my phone, you have no items for sale. I forgot to take a screen shot to upload from my phone

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 86 of 330
Latest reply

@jpamboris wrote:
Is there any evidence of anyone actually having the account reinstated? I am yet to see one as yet but i may be wrong.

John, I have sent you a PM.

Message 87 of 330
Latest reply

Sheep, I hope you told John to complain about our shill-bidding 'friends' who all had their selling and buying accounts shut down (actually made NARU) then just a few weeks later, all of them are up and running again, and are up to their same old tricks with their Tibetan paintings.

If that isn't a perfect example of eBay's hypocritical double-standards, then I'm truly buggered if I know what is.
Message 88 of 330
Latest reply

That's pretty much it!

Message 89 of 330
Latest reply

Hello John.

First, let me say I sympathize with your plight.

Enough to send a chill of fear up the back of anyone who has spent a lot of time and effort building an eBay business.

Luckily, my time on eBay is drawing to a close, would hate to be a new seller trying to build a business there these days..

I hope that your problem can be resolved and you can continue selling.

Here is a post by ebaysllr USA which may be of help to you and others.

I agree with most of the points they make, especially about taking a loss when you do not have an item that has sold.

This I have had to do a few times, and a few times I have been blackmailed into a lower price my disgruntled buyers, sometimes when it was not my fault. In nearly every case I have taken the loss, whilst trying to look at the bigger picture..

• Never cancel an order for out of stock. Do anything you can to avoid it. Example: I bought something at retail price and sent it to a guy when I accidentally ran out of stock on an item.
  • Opt out of managed returns, and tell people in your listings to contact you via message for an easy hassle free return. With managed returns turned off you cannot get defects returns for NAD. If you don't say anything about returns, some buyers jump to the conclusion that you will drag your feet if they don't open a case.
  • Take shipping seriously. Don't ever miss your handling deadline. Don't use parcel post. Offer one day shipping, and ship most of your items same day. Buyers are are sometimes willing to forgive other problems if their item arrives earlier then expected.
  • If a case is opened in clear error, call eBay and have them remove the defect. I was able to get a defect for INR case when a dude opened it and received the item on its due date. I was able to get another removed when I guy opened a NAD and said in the message center he really just wanted a different size. American CSRs seem way more willing to do this then others, try again if they refuse you.
  • Ban anyone who even looks like they may be trouble. If you are in a niche, ban all of your competitors. This one is something you should have been doing for awhile.
  • Be super professional to people in messages. Always give the impression you willing to do anything that you can for your customer even if you hate them. Apologize profusely and take a loss if something goes wrong even if it is not your direct fault. Don't let the fear of a scammer prevent you from giving a possibly legit customer with a legit problem poor customer service.
  • Quit bugging people to leave you feedback. Positive feedback is great, but all the requirements are based off of total transactions. If they don't leave you feedback you cannot get dinged for DSRs, but you still get the transaction count. Don't remind the people you may have potentially upset about the importance of good feedback.
  • Under-describe your used items. List every noticeable defect and explain that there maybe other small signs of wear as well. Take clear photos, etc. People who are pleasantly surprised with the quality are more willing to forgive any other possible problem, as well are more likely to buy from you again.

Kind regards.

Richard.

Message 90 of 330
Latest reply