Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

link to uk site with shopping basket info

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr

only allows items to be added if in GBPยฃ

Your buyer, like many of mine manages to get around the problem, finding out why exactly needs help frtom ebay

@ Penny, .............with regard to browsers, last week the bulk editing tool stopped working on my desktop, just stopped half way through the day, hung with an everlasting circle, contacted ebay....response, use a different browser, i have ie9 which is an ebay supported browser, so yet another glitch. On my laptop, the bulk editing tool still works which also has ie9. Go figure. With regard to buyers updating their browsers, this is ebays responsibility to contact them and advise them to update for a better experience, it is not for us sellers to do. They are just abdicating responsibility for the problems with their site

Message 111 of 121
Latest reply

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Honestly, it's becoming more trouble than it's worth to sell internationally, given the discrepancies on different sites.

I tell international buyers who complain about this to log into ebay.com.au and buy using our site. I've only had one buyer refuse to do this for "security" reasons (whatever . . .). It seems to solve the problem for most of my buyers.

Really though, eBay needs to decide whether or not it's gong to support stores, or not support stores. The current store setup does not compare a non-eBay store at all.

- Multi-option listings should be available for all categories, not just some. Why should some sellers be denied this feature because we don't sell in a selected category? I sell items that are typically available in 5 or more different characters (some of them are small stationery items) and it's just ridiculous to have to make a different listing for each one. In my non-eBay store, I am able to create custom multi-option listings.

- eBay constantly says that it wants to bring the site into line with the rest of the retail marketplace, but one does not walk into Big W or DJ's, choose 15 items and pay for each one separately. However, eBay encourages this because we pay a fee every time someone does this. There should be a clear button to "keep shopping" and another clear button to request an invoice. There isn't.

- Don't even get me started on postage functionality (or lack thereof). Many sellers post using large letters - this has never, ever been included in the postage calculator. So, we are forced to use fix postage, which is inflexible (for example, up to four of one item might be $2 to post, and 5 or more might be $3. But there is only an option for the cost of "each additional item"). Not helpful.

- The "traffic report" option only works about 20% of the time. I've been reporting this "broken link" for over a year, and it still isn't fixed.

Sorry to stray off topic. Feeling frustrated >:-|

Message 112 of 121
Latest reply

I hear your frustration and I raise you ten fold! It's not right that they take my $500 per month for an anchor store and offer very little support in return. Now they have changed the format of the email notifications which I work from and they are now not worth anything to me. All the handy links on the sold notifications have been changed and all the important details such as name and address of buyer have been moved down the screen so as not able to be viewed with scrolling. Minor minor issues that they don't want to hear about but huge issues for the speed with which I can work. I'm sick of being told to offer free post to avoid all these issues. How can I build a postage allowance into an item listed for $1 to $3? eBay make a small fortune from me every month and do not care enough to fix these issues or acknowledge them.
Message 113 of 121
Latest reply

I also spent hours a few months back phoning Paypal, Ebay Aus, Ebay UK and Ebay US.   I was told by US ebay or UK cant remember which, that it is a permanent change.  The reason they gave was that in the past if someone purchased 10 items and it was combined in an invoice and 1 of the items was either faulty or missing from the order, then the buyer would put a claim in through paypal for the whole order and not just 1 item.  They said the change was so that each item had to be paid for separately so if there is a claim it is for a singular item.  I would imagine it will also come into effect on ebay Aus eventually now that paypal has also recently changed their policies etc.   As for why a few can still combine maybe a gliche but I think it will get worse before it gets better.   Paypal and ebay are not interested as it only seems to affect a minor portion of ebay sellers.

Message 114 of 121
Latest reply

hi again.  In regards to the browser announcement on ebay.  If you have windows 7 or above you are ok but my uncle sells ink for printers on ebay and I was called to his house this week as he could not reply to anyone in his ebay messages.  After a lot of sorting out he is running Windows XP  so he needs to update to a more modern version or his ebay site wont run anymore.  When I went onto Microsoft website they also said that windows XP was no longer being supported by Microsoft and will be more susceptible to virus etc so that may be why they had to change that one.  Microsoft website also suggests updating browser if running XP

Message 115 of 121
Latest reply

Hi Bonza....I don't buy that ebay response about not combining......lets think about it....within the respective countries they do combine postage, so surely that would cause the same problem, also as an aussie based buyer I can use the cart/basket option on sellers based in the uk/usa....but they can't here. Just another pack of lies to cover up a system that has created its own huge faults over the past couple of years. Their tech team have a lot to answer. I also think they have totally bungled  the whole browser thing especially with Internet Explorer, I use IE9 on 2 pcs and 1 laptop. The laptop is fine, yet some functions don't work on the pcs...like replying to messages. As sellers we just want to list,sell and deliver which will give ebay plenty of fees, all they seem to be doing is stuffing things up....big time

Message 116 of 121
Latest reply

my uncle had IE8 but he had windows XP installed on his computer.  not supported any more.

Message 117 of 121
Latest reply

I still prefer to run XP here but haven't used the hateful IE for years now. However, there's nothing preventing your uncle from using Firefox or Chrome, both of which run perfectly on XP and are well supported by eBay.
Message 118 of 121
Latest reply

still a problem for some buyers

Message 119 of 121
Latest reply

I have just spent an hour reading this thread. I was glad to find it as I thought I was going mad trying to figure out what I was doing wrong because my international customers cannot purchase multiple items and make one payment. I used to sell on ebay.com and encountered this problem once in a while, but now I have returned to Australia and am selling on ebay.com.au and all my international sales are encountering it. I am constantly refunding shipping. I see the thread started in 2014. Sadly in 2016, the problem still has not been fixed.

Message 120 of 121
Latest reply