Site Problems?

Anyone else having all kinds of troubles with the ebay site?

Message 1 of 131
Latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: Site Problems?

Yes my auto re-lists are still in the unsold box too and its 11.47 am AEST. AND, can't contact ebay about it - optiond to get in touch  just keep spooling.

I don't have Facebook; have they said anything there?

Message 61 of 131
Latest reply

What disturbs me a lot about what is (still) apparently a world-wide problem is that eBay hasn't posted anything about it in their announcements at all, and appear to be burying there collective heads in the sand yet again on their inability to run an effective selling platform. 

Will they give compensation to any member that has been affected (and I include bidders/buyers that couldn't bid/buy in that) ?  I doubt it very much, because that would be admitting to being fallable. At most they may give back the 200 free listings that were messed up - how generous is that !!!!! 

For shame eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 62 of 131
Latest reply

Yes, that is the most annoying issue for me to (which for all that its worth, I wrote to ebay about last night) The lack of respect and concern for their customers (both buyers and sellers) demonstrated by the fact that they see no requirement to keep us updated  is staggering, though on past performance, not surprising.

The organisation reminds me of dictators of tin-pot regimes, who can NEVER do wrong, despite all the indications to the contrary !!!!

Message 63 of 131
Latest reply

ebay haven't said anything on their facebook page. There are visitor posts complaining about the outage.

You can read ebay's facebook page without having to actually join Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/eBay.com.au/

Message 64 of 131
Latest reply

No, you can't

You have to log in

Message 65 of 131
Latest reply

Betty, interestingly they sent me a survey to fill in the other day which I hadn't done until this morning so they got low ratings all the way through, and a fair bit of verbal to contend with - not that I believe they'll take one iota of notice of any of it............

I guess my ID will come off the discount vouchers (that I never ever got) permanently now...........sigh................smack.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 66 of 131
Latest reply

Still glitches with some elements, relisting on eBay not working properly. 

Gave CS eBay a call and they verified that there was a glitch with items that I won yesterday that were not showing in my purchase menu. Apparently they ended up in my shopping cart list to pay. 

I also asked if anyone had enquired why eBay have not officially apologised for the huge disruption on Saturday with the system down, he said that nobody had asked & he didn't know why. Yeah sure.

Message 67 of 131
Latest reply

Friday gremlins are still with us on Sunday afternoon. I'm lucky that I sold an item 30 minutes ago and at least that went through properly. I've done some listings and a couple of photos aren't up yet.....maybe by Christmas!!!!

Honestly though, for such a large company, customer service is not that good.

Sandra

Message 68 of 131
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

No, you can't

You have to log in

I think that's changed in the last few months Stawks. There are some pages at least that you can view where you don't need to log in. I've never used Facebook in this browser, yet clicking on the above link does take me to the page. There is the login section at the top with nothing in in. I remember accessing another Facebook page via a link that was posted a few months ago. Of course if you want to leave a comment you'd need to log in or join.

You never used to be able to view anything if you weren't a member. If you clicked on someone's link you'd get asked to log in or join.

To answer the above question for the member who asked if there was anything on the Facebook page, no there's not. Just hundreds and hundreds of very unhappy buyers and sellers. I know someone is manning the page because some messages have been removed (including a couple of mine.......although mine were replies to other messages that got removed).

Message 69 of 131
Latest reply

Two weeks ago when ebay were having site problems, they were posting updates on their FB page. But this time, nothing at all. 

Message 70 of 131
Latest reply