Slow sales, SLOW mail - is it just me ?

Looking back at the last several years of Ebay sales and this is definitely the slowest December in history for sales.

The only constant is that Ebay and Auspost having a VERY different opinion about delivery times.. which invariably every year really pleases our clients...  sigh..

So.. anyone else on the bandwagon of doom ?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Slow sales, SLOW mail - is it just me ?

Wish they would do more 100+ free listing offers!!!!
Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Yep checked dave's other account and yep he's telling the truth

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

The likes of Bing Lee and The Good Guys have been included in the list of ebay discount sellers with discounts of 15% and 20% offered.  There have been several of these sales since October and I have bought several large ticket items as have several other members who have come to the boards.

At a guess I would say they have been doing quite well per courtesy of ebay footing the discounted amounts.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

I'm down approx 60 % on last year, this is what eBay tell me, I have more listings than last year, have just checked my Late Shipment report and have 4 for October, I have 3 day handling and post on same day or next day depending on when payment comes in. Feedback for one of them says Quick Postage but it is on my Late Shipment report.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track?id=60023448124093

10 days from Melbourne to Sydney, 500g red satchel

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

I wish I knew what the f*** Australia Post is doing with a Registered Post item I sent last week:

"Progress for 533720073011
Watch this item
Pending
No events yet
Looks like your item hasn't been scanned yet. Please try again later. More information on pending status What does this mean?
Service
Registered Post"

Courtesy of the mobile site, as for some stupid reason they "updated" the desktop tracking page and it no longer works on this PC, all it does is show a spinning red circle.
Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

Registered post is known to be slower than regular post, supposedly because it has to be scanned more often, I had 2 a month or so ago that took over a week to travel around 350 k's - and that was with priority stickers on as well (which apparently mean sweet $$$$ all on registered post)

There should have been a scan however at the original PO.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

This is going from VIC to NSW; all she did at the counter was throw it on top of all the other mail in the tub immediately behind her like normal (usually when I get back I add the tracking number then check it, but on this occasion nothing was scanned). If it doesn't end up scanned at its destination either, guess who is going to be $85 out of pocket within a week or two when the inevitable INR claim happens and an identical item magically appears on eBay the same day going for $100+. I'm sure the receipt with the Registered Post - Sender To Keep sticker stuck to it won't mean a thing to eBay. Of course it never seems to happen with a sub-$10 item that has to go via Parcel Post!
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

And no sooner than two hours after I typed that I get a positive feedback from the buyer. Maybe I should buy a Tattslotto ticket!
Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Better than a month to Italy from Australia by air.  I managed to sweet talk the customer into waiting an additional week and they turned up on a Saturday (weekend mail delivery like the US!).

The great thing is he loved the posters and now wants to buy an additional 10!

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply