Sneaky eBay.

go-tazz
Community Member

Put the costs up and then gouge a bit more.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

From the:  https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/satchels-and-packaging/ebay-satchels-and-boxes#tab2

Prices only apply to postage paid through your eBay account. eBay has implemented an online processing fee of 15 cents for Same City and Other Major City Australia Post parcels, to go direct to eBay. This impacts the cost of all parcels purchased on the eBay platform. For the most up-to-date pricing information, please check the eBay platform.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sneaky eBay.

I'm sure they have a division at eBay whose sole job is to invent new fees to add on top of existing fees.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

Maybe we have to pay for a virtual plastic bag

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

eBay have been charging 15c on top of the contracted price for 2 years now.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

Doesn't really matter anyway, at the moment. eBay aren't providing a postage service, just overcharging on the AP one.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

@davewil1964 wrote:

eBay have been charging 15c on top of the contracted price for 2 years now.

I've never seen it before or seen it mentioned,hence why I posted it when I saw it under the packaging costs.Whistle.gif

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

I only saw it on the ebay satchel listing.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

can you clarify if this fee is already built into the cost of the eBay parcel charged to the seller, or does ebay add the 15 cents as a fee on our monthly invoice? I have checked a few past invoices and can't identify this fee.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

@go-tazz wrote:

From the:  https://auspost.com.au/business/shipping/satchels-and-packaging/ebay-satchels-and-boxes#tab2

Thank you for the link, this has helped me get my head around the changes. Asking for clarification from eBay or Australia Post directly is a waste of time, the majority of their staff are clueless about what is going on!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Sneaky eBay.

It's included in the price.

A couple of years ago AP didn't increase their prices, so eBay increased them all by 15c.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply