So once again

Why on earth do the so called "experienced sellers" - which is pathetic in itself - continually bag out the new people asking a question? Please enlighten me - everyone was new once 🙂

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: So once again

What gets me is how many of the experts (or whatever) can't even mange to correctly read the question before replying. ]:)

Some I suspect have their own axes to grind and don't want to miss an opportunity to put their two cent's worth in....even if it's irrelevant. 😄

Thankfully, some do manage to stay focussed and are helpful.

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

I have been selling on eBay for more than 10yrs, but there are members on these boards who post on a regular basis who know and understand the ever changing eBay rules and online world far better than I do.  I don't visit here enough to keep up but I seem to learn something new whenever I do.  They don't have to be a seller to know what is right or what to do when faced with an issue.

One of my very first posts on the boards ended up with my listing removed and being hit with a violation because I didn't notice when I did a copy and paste of the description from my website that it said "sleeveboard optional extra".  Now I would much rather have one of the members tell me if there is a problem with my listing than report me. 😞

No matter how tough (and sometimes even rude) some of the members on here appear to be it really is nothing compared to what a member has to face with some of their trading partners when something goes wrong.  In an ideal world everyone is polite.... but sadly we don't live in an ideal world. 

Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

Some people need to be handled with kid gloves and they won't get that here, when offering  an opinion or giving advice you don't know the person and have to presume they are an adult and will take on board that opinion or advice.

However a lot of posters are fed up with the preachers and their one message advice and if one dares to comment on the preaching then the poor person seeking advice is forgotten as the button pushers amass for a full on assault.

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

I have asked questions and appreciated the assistance offered. And I have also been taken aback now and then by the condescending tone of some posters. I think it is probably a territorial thing, they need to yap at you a bit to let you know they are top dog 🙂

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

🙂

Some I suspect have their own axes to grind and don't want to miss an opportunity to put their two cent's worth in....even if it's irrelevant. 😄

Yes, have to admit - I am guilty of this ... as soon as I see a thread about a particular topic ... I jump on and post MO, without having really read and considered the OPs question ... 

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

This bad behaviour just should not be. I am more than willing to help out with any problems. However, I do not, by any means pretend to know it all! (even after 12 or more years of experience)

I think when you believe you know it all, you know nothing at all. Perhaps we can all work around it together 🙂

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

Is there a question in here somewhere?

Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

I just got told off in a thread in the AC, I didn't think my reply was nasty or intended to 'wound' as the poster telling me off stated, but maybe it was to someone of a sensitive nature. I think we all need to realise that not all people are made from the same mold, not all are used to the AC, and especially when asking for advice most people are new and don't understand the banter over there (or here for that matter)  😉

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

love is all you need......:-x:-x:-xB-)

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

i try and be polite im pretty new to selling   so its nice to get some advice when i dont know things

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply