So....so....quiet.....

Wow, I can't beleive how quiet it is on Ebay at the moment.  Hardly a peep in sales the last few days and it seems to have decreased somewhat over the past couple of months.  Hoping this isn't going to be an ongoing trend for ebay.....

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: So....so....quiet.....

Yep all shafted and the new name suits the way ebay has treated us lol.

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

Glad to see you're doing well,I also used to sell the same as you on ebay and coins always used to sell.

On this other site I'm on now it's a big selling platform but it seems that buyers are very hesitant even if items are lower priced

than anywhere else.

There a plenty of sellers here that also sell on ebay that have low sales compared to ebay so they can be grateful that they do 

have sales.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

It has been quiet for a few months.Not Good.I am finding I am selling in bulk lots of sales at a time which I can not understand.I sold nothing friday,nothing all day yesterday but last night in a couple of hours I sold 7 items and nothing at all again today.

What is going on? I really think they are playing around with the site too much and making it difficult for our customers to connect.

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

The real test will be in a months time when business usually picks up for the silly season.

I still feel that overall it does seem to be steadily slowing down but I'll be interested to see what the camparison will be over the same time last year.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

Having sold on here for years, it has never ever been this bad. I feel I am spending my entire month just trying to save enough money in my PayPal account to pay my Ebay fees, and the 30% PayPal working capital loan repayment fees (used to buy stock as my sales were so **bleep**). 

Ebay, give us Aussie sellers a fair platform to sell!!!

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

That was a bad idea.   Why would you borrow money to buy stock when it was not selling anyway.

It was always going to be a struggle to repay anything extra when your sales were so low.

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

That was a bad idea.   Why would you borrow money to buy stock when it was not selling anyway.

It was always going to be a struggle to repay anything extra when your sales were so low.

Trying to get a bit more variety and restocking of items that do sell better. I'd have no business at all with no stock. It's tricky. It's amazing how bad it is getting though. Previously Ebay was enough to survive on, not anymore. 

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

I am averaging about one sale on here every one to two days.  It's certainly becoming a waste of time to list and maintain a couple hundred listings when there are no sales.  I am seeing the usual counts of views and watchers, though.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

Yes, That's an interesting point ? Are we all getting roughly the same amount of views & watchers? And just not sales? OR is your amount of views waydown too. Mine are both down but I've think people are seeing my things, but just keeping their hands in their pockets, as usual for this slow time of year! Also -It's even hard to get feedback out of buyers at the moment. I've sold more than it looks & waiting on feedback this month. Strange!

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

I'd say views and watchers are down but that's been a gradual thing over the past six months plus.  The stop of sales is more noticeable.

My theory on lack of feedback is that more and more buyers are using their mobiles to buy stuff and many simply can't be bothered going to the feedback page and typing in a brief sentence on their mobile.  They'd rather surf Bookface than waste a minute doing that.

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply