Sold car and the buyer paid but still hasn't collected the car

woodsy799
Community Member

Hi Everyone, just wanting to get some advice on my car. I sold it on ebay March 29th for $810 and the buyer paid. He was making contact with me all the time in the beginning and then the communication stopped. The car needs to be towed as it isnt registered and the buyer was fully aware of this. The problem i have is that the car is sitting in my drive way and there is no car space for my new car. If i put the other one out on the street it will be towed away. He has all of my contact details but i never got his. Not sure what i should do with the car i have tried many times to contact the buyer but still no response.

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Sold car and the buyer paid but still hasn't collected the car

woodsy799
Community Member

There is no address either for me to send a letter to 

Message 11 of 76
Latest reply

Gees.. you only sold it today. Give the buyer some time to collect.

I sold it on ebay March 29th is what it says in the OP.

Message 12 of 76
Latest reply

It's outside the reasonable collection period. If it gets towed the new owner will need to pay all the fees. But you will need to give him warning you will leave it out. Alternately you can put it in storage and the new owner will need to repay you those fees to you before they can have the car.

I would not refund his payment and go through the trouble in selling it again.

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 13 of 76
Latest reply

That's very strange I am not sure what you should do if u left it out and it gets towed could u keep that receipt and then if the buyer ever turns up give em the recipt and say its there responsibility. I wish I could help but please tell us what happens in the end I would be interested

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 14 of 76
Latest reply

But very strange that someone would buy a car and never contact you again. Maybe check the obituaries ..

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 15 of 76
Latest reply

OP has lost all means of contact with the buyer so he is in a dilemma.Why did the buyer pay before inspecting the car? And then no response from the buyer regarding pick up.OP has now lost all means of communication with the buyer,this is a bit strange,I hope nothing to serious has happened to the buyer thus being the reason for not responding to OP.

Message 16 of 76
Latest reply

woodsy799
Community Member

It is strange, its not a small amount of money to just forget about. i noticed that someone left him his last feedback april 29th.

I think i will ebay message him a notice giving him 7 days to respond before i put the car on the street or re-sell it. Its probably more hassle for me to put it in storage but does anyone know if i can charge him for storage in my own garage?

Message 17 of 76
Latest reply

How did they pay ?

Have you tried looking their phone number up in the white pages or looking them up on facebook etc ?

Message 18 of 76
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Anyone else 'investigated' and noticed buyer bought another vehicle (ute) in April. Would it be wrong to contact the seller of that vehicle and see if they can pass on a message??

Message 19 of 76
Latest reply

Anyone else 'investigated' and noticed buyer bought another vehicle (ute) in April. Would it be wrong to contact the seller of that vehicle and see if they can pass on a message??

Do you mean the Holden Calais which is a sedan ? lol

Message 20 of 76
Latest reply