Someone Selling Similar Items Is Trying To Dictate To Me A Price I Should Be Selling At.

This morning I received an email to my personal email Address and not through eBay Messages. Trying to tell me that I am under cutting sellers who are trying to make a living by selling similar items as to what I am selling. Basically I sell Trading Cards old and new. The email address came from hotmail.com but the person that sent it I have no idea who it is as I have a list of all my buyers for the past 12 months at least. I was informed by this person that my price are too low and should be increased to be compeditive with other sellers. It there a conduct code when selling Items on eBay? I will admit a lot of my items are the cheapest but not all on eBay, I think this email  is basically directed at my 2016 AFL Cards which I sell with Free Postage.I buy These Cards by the box sort them out and sell them with maybe 40 cents profit per card after all expences eBay Fees and Paypal. If I find a rare one then the price goes up after a research on eBay  to see what it is selling for and I List it at $5.00 less that the cheapest listing. I like to move my items quickly then I can buy more.

Thats my side of the story so am I Breaking Any Selling Codes or Conducts Amongst Other Sellers

Thank You

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Someone Selling Similar Items Is Trying To Dictate To Me A Price I Should Be Selling At.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: Someone Selling Similar Items Is Trying To Dictate To Me A Price I Should Be Selling At.

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated. Please be sure to keep your communications civil. Thanks!

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Not breaking any rules for selling at your own price, at least on eBay. Now, if you were Coles and started selling 2L milk with a 50c "every day" price, I'm sure there would be some feathers ruffled between the rivals, if not an anti-competitive practice suit or ten as well.

40c profit, if that (add in toploaders, sleeves, envelopes, stamps) - commons don't go for peanuts, my mate has a box of them and just uses them for padding better cards (even the Select Excel/Milestone/Starburst cards aren't that expensive anyway, it's not like they are the Brownlow predictors which are 1 per box and only 250 made per player (on a side note, the lowest I saw pulled from a packet was David Mundy 008/250 - itm/162021986692 ) - even the players that are out e.g. injured/drug cheats (haha, puts a new meaning to "see the Bombers fly up, up") still go for good money despite no longer being eligible for the Brownlow).

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply