Take Care Good People

Itโ€™s gets sillier from here for us. Itโ€™ll be like Grand Central from tonight on. The joys of a large extended family ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Itโ€™s time. 2018 was important for us, especually with online selling, and like everyone we made  those few mistakes and got ourselves into the odd bit of strife, but nothing too dramatic - just stressful at this end, because Iโ€™m an eternal โ€˜fretter.โ€™

It could have been much, much worse, but for these forums, the people in them (some very special people), and the occasional PM from some who could see us perhaps heading down the low road. I did get cut off at the pass a couple of times thankfully, and thank you!

So, itโ€™s with lots of respect and some lovely warm feelings of having been well cared for by โ€˜Good Peopleโ€™  that I now wish you all a happy, noisy and fun filled Xmas with those close to you and good friends. Play up like Holy Harry - enjoy! I also hope not too many of you are out on our roads. If so, please be extra cautious - there is no rush.

Thanks Good People ๐Ÿ˜Š. Have a bonza time over the festive season, and be kind to each other ๐Ÿ‘.

Melina, Barry, Giorgio.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Take Care Good People

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@clubesquire wrote:

I also hope not too many of you are out on our roads. If so, please be extra cautious - there is no rush.

Smiley LOL  No rush?   Try telling that to the ebay sellers who are receiving orders along with the instructions that it is a Christmas gift so please have it delivered in time.

There is a limit to how many parcels the StarTrack couriers can deliver tomorrow even when they are rushed off their feet.

Have a great Christmas Melina.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

iStock_000053687964_Small.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.   Smiley Happy

image host
Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Merry Christmas Melina, Barry and Giorgio

Related image

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Hey lyndal, not sure if I,ve been asleep for awhile, but I just noticed you are an honoured contributor. ( below your profile pic. ) Maybe its been there for some time, but much deserved for services to the ebay community and I,m sure congratulations are in order. ( even if belated ) Did the queen bestow the honour or was it just one of the princes ?...Smiley Happy

Merlina, your contributions are always entertaining and thought provoking. All the best for the festive season.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

How come you dont have that honor too Chameleon? You Lyndal & who else should be nominated to be the 3 Wise Men/Women of Ebay... maybe Digi??
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Soo true Melina...Theres some exceptionally good people here, always willing to help out & give measured advise. It would be quite lonely being a Ebay seller without having this community to come chat with...(ever tried talking to someone who doesnt sell on Ebay about yr problem??? Their eyes glaze over in secondsMan Wink) No-one else understands us! Ha haa haa

Merry Christmas EVERYONE  & here's to a FANTABULOUS 2019!!

(meanwhile Ill be back on another thread to whinge about my sales, he heh hee)

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

I'm a little less pro-active on the solution-based assitance, I think. Smiley LOL

Happy holidays to all - I hope everyone gets to have a lovely break and spend a little time away from this place. Smiley Very Happy

I shut up shop this year - first Christmas I've done that with the stores since opening the first one back in 2011, so I am having a grand old time doing sweet, stuff-all.* Smiley LOL

Spoiler
*That's a lie. Smiley Embarassed Smiley Sad Smiley Embarassed Aside from catching up on the housework, today I took a bunch of product photos so I can still set up new listings, and I've been pre-packing other itens in the evenings. Smiley LOL

I did manage to finish a "real" book, though, the kind where you have to sit down and not do anything else for a while, and I've started on a second. woo hoo

(Real in quotations because I listen to audiobooks while I work in my stockroom). 

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

I'm glad you understand the distinction. A lot of people seem to think listening to an e-book while doing something else is reading.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

I was using "real" somewhat ironically, lol, hence the quotation marks - I understand that they are not books, by actual definition, and you don't read them, of course, but let's just say if I was denied entry to a book club because I had a slightly difference experience with exactly the same words (as does pretty much everyone, with the same book, to a degree), I would try to argue the point. Smiley Tongue

In saying that, I only listen to audiobooks that don't require my full focus 100% of the time - i.e. entertaining stuff but won't distract me when I'm counting etc. Books I want to take seriously and not have someone else adding nuance to the narrative, I'll read on paper. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply