Take Care Good People

Itโ€™s gets sillier from here for us. Itโ€™ll be like Grand Central from tonight on. The joys of a large extended family ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Itโ€™s time. 2018 was important for us, especually with online selling, and like everyone we made  those few mistakes and got ourselves into the odd bit of strife, but nothing too dramatic - just stressful at this end, because Iโ€™m an eternal โ€˜fretter.โ€™

It could have been much, much worse, but for these forums, the people in them (some very special people), and the occasional PM from some who could see us perhaps heading down the low road. I did get cut off at the pass a couple of times thankfully, and thank you!

So, itโ€™s with lots of respect and some lovely warm feelings of having been well cared for by โ€˜Good Peopleโ€™  that I now wish you all a happy, noisy and fun filled Xmas with those close to you and good friends. Play up like Holy Harry - enjoy! I also hope not too many of you are out on our roads. If so, please be extra cautious - there is no rush.

Thanks Good People ๐Ÿ˜Š. Have a bonza time over the festive season, and be kind to each other ๐Ÿ‘.

Melina, Barry, Giorgio.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Take Care Good People

@stylesilver wrote:
How come you dont have that honor too Chameleon? You Lyndal & who else should be nominated to be the 3 Wise Men/Women of Ebay... maybe Digi??

When I saw the Honoured contributor tag, I also noticed Lyndal has made over 24,000 posts. ( thats a lot of typing ) There are a number of wise heads on the forums who are deserving of a knighthood or Honour. It would be a trap to start mentioning names, but some of the regulars who take the time to offer advice in the answer centre would be on my list. 

Anyway best wishes to everyone who contributes and also to those who choose to just sit back and enjoy the fun from a distance ( lurkers )  

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Not just replying to you Chamo but to everyone that helps others here. I first used the boards ages ago when I needed help and since then I've gained a bit of knowledge of eBay's workings (or maybe non-workings) so I've been able to return those favours.

Have a great Xmas and a prosperous New Year all you folks.

Spoiler
.....................Oh, lyndal...................
Spoiler
                                                          bow-down-before-you.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Yr too modest... lots of good advice from u the last few yrs...Oooh I should have shut up shop, in hindsight... instead its like Ebay did it for me! I could have read a bookshop this Xmas waiting for a sale ,heh hee, if only Id known...
Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Was thinking that ... too easy to offend by forgetting some regulars... See u do learn things here!~ Turns out Im a lurker .
Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

@chameleon54 wrote:

Hey lyndal, not sure if I,ve been asleep for awhile, but I just noticed you are an honoured contributor. ( below your profile pic. ) Maybe its been there for some time, but much deserved for services to the ebay community and I,m sure congratulations are in order. ( even if belated ) Did the queen bestow the honour or was it just one of the princes ?...Smiley Happy

Merlina, your contributions are always entertaining and thought provoking. All the best for the festive season.

Thank you chameleon....I was given my Honoured Contributor status on 15th August.....or at least that was when I noticed it.

I have no idea why it was bestowed on me or what it means.  I have not noticed any benefit or conversely no drawbacks of being Honoured.

Nobody really knows how I was picked except that I have a high posting count and also post in the AC.  There are posters with higher overall post counts (stawks) but are not in the AC.

There are certainly posters with more knowledge of selling than I have.....they deserve acknowledgement too.

As far as I am concerned all the regular posters on the boards deserve some sort of recognition by ebay....we do a better job than their own Phone Centre employees.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Merry Christmas, Melina, and congratulations on having gone through the Hogan's Alley of eBay selling. You've come out smiling and without any target marks.

I wish you also a most wonderful Christmas.

I love the Christmas period, even though it can be frenetic and mad in the lead-up to it. The smells - cinammon and nutmeg, ginger, apples, oranges, raisins, figs, home-made fruit mince, the brandy-soaked puddings, the pine needles... the navitivity scene sitting against the wall, the Christmas music ranging from mediรฆval to the 1900s, the gifts nicely wrapped under the tree, the smiles and hugs, the long leisurely Christmas lunch groaning with the Newbury and Watson ham and the roast pheasants with port sauce and the mousse-like purรฉe of parsnips and the crispy roast potatoes and other roasted vegetables, the Prinzregententorte (finest cake in the world), the service and carols on Christmas Eve... We also used to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve, but that's now changed to Christmas Day. There is nothing that compares to gift-giving when one chooses thoughtfully to give something that will give the recipient delight.

Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday period to everyone here.

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„โœจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ€๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ„โœจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

Merry Christmas Melina, Barry, Giorgio and all - I hope everyone gets to relax and enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚ And thank you to everyone who contributes to this board.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

ABA4EFAD-D782-48B3-AC23-768D5E1D76CF.jpeg

Happy Christmas everyone ๐ŸŽ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

you do a fantastic job digi! :]
Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

Take Care Good People

My Christmas turned to carp last week when I was involved in car accident.

The woman at fault who turned from the thenopposite direction, directly in front of me decided she has the right not to exchange details and as I was getting my licence out, sneakily took off before I had a chance to get her Rego. My car was around the corner on the main road whilst she was parked in the side street.

i initially got out and went to make sure she was ok and not hurt. She got out of her car and started to follow me to my car and I said to her I'm just getting my licence.m That's what happens when you try to do the right thing by someone.

Police won't write a report as they said I need the car Rego or woman's details ๐Ÿ˜ข

I'd like to thank that woman for making my start to Christmas horrible and expensive and I hope Karma comes right back at her!

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply