To refund or not to refund.....that's is my question

Hi all. I had a customer purchase 35 golf umbrella's ($12 each) from me approx a week ago. The size of the umbrella's is clearly in the listing. They are now asking , through messages, if they can return them for a refund, as they are too big. They are happy to send them back to me, but just wanted to know, if you would accept the return and give back $420  or would you decline and possibly receive a neg.

i do have a 14 day return policy for faulty items, but not for incorrect ordering.

thanks

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: To refund or not to refund.....that's is my question

That's brilliant tazz.      You really should have my ID  

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

My money is on a local production of Singng in the Rain

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Great minds think alike Stawks.As soon as I saw "musical" I thought of that one and it would be pretty obvious that large umbrellas would not really work.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I wouldn't refund.  Who doesn't know golf umbrellas are huge?

The listing even states 30"

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

...and states the size when open even.

Timber Handle 

Measures 1000mm from Handle end to Tip in length

Measures 1320 across the span when open

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I would email them saying that as they have obviously opened at least one of them in order to see the size you are unable to offer a refund however you are happy to allow them to use your description and pictures to sell them on to hopefully get their money back and perhaps a bit extra if they sell them individually.

If your return policy states you only refund for goods not as described then you should be able to fight your corer with ebay, with Payupal they would have to pay to return them at their own expense even if they won. If they do open a dispute the phone ebay or Paypal and state your case citing the buyer's emails as evidence that they have both opened the item and have stated they got the size wrong as it was clearly shown in the listing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply